Um Is This The New Permanant Layout ?

the quotes on old topics are like they are because it was HTML, the new board is BB code

something like that, explained better earlier by someone else lol.

I understand. but that does not make the mess any better. common, oft, used features. hidden away, or just vanished. I understand its supposed to get better. but then, so was the UK postal service :blink: :blink:

arrrrgghhhhh :crazy: - this means both my two favourite forums have switched from PHPBB3 to this version of IPboard in the last two weeks and on both there are problems with peeps not being happy, without giving it(or the site admins!) a chance to get used to it - maybe I'l just stay offline for a couple of weeks...... :rolleyes: :D

One feature on the other forum (admittedly a model railway forum I do like is they now use IPboards blog facility for ongoing storys such as new setups instead of threads :good:

It looks ok, a bit clearer but I'm still getting used to it.

2 things:

The little fishes signifying post count are gone, replaced by "icon".
Where's the aquarium calculator? i found that really useful.

this is horrible..main board is cold and unfreindly looking
sad.gif
im all for change.. but good ones are the best kind

just my thoughts

i afree its a bit cold, but the mods are going to change all that very soon, so i am hanging in the wings for now!

(oh, and does this mean quote issues have been ironed out?^^^^)

the quotes on old topics are like they are because it was HTML, the new board is BB code

something like that, explained better earlier by someone else lol.

yeah i knew about the "old" quotes, but i quoted someone yesterday (i think it was) and a load of garble came up

Logo looks funny

So I made a new one for yous, use if you want

8yaj52.png

The new layout is awful, It is extremely difficult to read and a few minutes is bringing a headache on.

The contrast with the white background is too much, my eyes cannot cope with it at all.

If the new layout is owt like this, will stay away I think.

The new layout is awful, It is extremely difficult to read and a few minutes is bringing a headache on.

I agree with you on that, TigerIssey, but please be patient. Tolak is working on getting us some additional skins that will solve that problem. Our old software was customized over a long period of time to be just the way we wanted it and it will take awhile to get this one to our liking.

I have flopped over to the skin called Simple Blue. It does not have the high contrast that the default skin has and I find it less irritating when I am scanning the various subjects and reading threads.

People are afraid of change! :hey:
ever thought they could have a different, but just as valid, thoughts on the subject from you? its "HORRIBLE" to look at, something agree by at least on mod involved. I am sure it will improve. but ATM it will do little but but new members off.

Maybe its just me, but Im really not having any problems with it, was a little weird yesterday when I 1st logged on to see it had changed but once Id worked out how to get rid of the *stuff* on the right hand side, its fine and Im sure once its all finished, everyone will get used to it. Give Tolak, William and the other mods time to sort out the kinks, Im sure complaining isnt making their jobs any easier.

I was a bit annoyed at first has the site seemed so slowwwww!!

But I love the new layout :good:

Bright ,breezy and very easy to read :good:

I think the simple blue layout is a lot better than the other options!

Well done TFF :good:

Most reactions

Back