• I smoke but want to stop

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I started smoking whilst at school

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I stopped for more than 3 months, but started again

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
Ludwig check out http://www.quitsmoking.com/zyban/index.htm that

I smoke about 10 rollups a day...they usually contain green tobacco.

This sounds strange but if I smoke normal rollups constantly while drinking beer the beer tasts horrible. The thought of this taste helped me to quit smoking for 6 months but alas I started again.

Best of luck quitting mate.

When people smoke near my I feel my windpipe (or w/e that is that helps me brathe) getting tighter and tighter and I feel very dizzy and nauseous. Then, i'd start wheezing.
Same with strong perfume or bleach or ammonia.

Im a smoker magnet. A person would come from the opposite site of the sidewalk, about 10 meters and smoke RIIIIGHT next to me when he couldve smoked from right where he's standing. Its usually some weird old guy.

They're contributing to global warming, which is already evident in USA. :hyper:

If I ever get elected into office (High enough to make a difference) my first mission/Goal is to make smoking illegal in all public places so the only places you could smoke is on your property,or I would try and make it illegal.

like you would get voted with 20% of the american voting population being smokers.

Ouch!!!... so much for trying.... :lol: This was empty at 6 o' clock... It is now 11 o'clock!!

Smoking.jpg

LV! Noooo! How am I ever gonna come visit you and your family when I sing in SA if you keep smoking like that? :sad: I am allergic to cigarette smoke. :sad:

Ouch!!!... so much for trying.... :lol: This was empty at 6 o' clock... It is now 11 o'clock!!

Smoking.jpg

LV! Noooo! How am I ever gonna come visit you and your family when I sing in SA if you keep smoking like that? :sad: I am allergic to cigarette smoke. :sad:

I'm under correction here, but I heard it as a fact (very long ago) that a certain maestro (don't push me for names - cause I can't remember who).... insisted that his opera performers each smoke a cigar before they go on stage... it apparently does something to enhance a certain quality (don't ask me which, cause I can't remember) of their voice....

But then... Llj... for the privelage of having an international Opera celebrity stay over at my place, I'll sacrifice the joys of smoking for as long as she is a guest in my house.... :lol:

Wow! That's a lot!

Step one for you, CUT DOWN!

Maybe only let yourself have one every half hour. Then after a couple of weeks, every hour. Once you're at that level, should be much easier to either just stop, or cut down further.

tbh i thought "why does lud have a bowl of worms on his table?" then i looked longer, wow thats alot.... yeah id kinda just maybe try smoking one less everyday (dont miscount lol) that might help but theres alot of good advice here already...

A friend of mine was a very heavy smoker and he decided to give up. He just used willpower and ate sugar free sweets and chewed sugar free gum. He had smoked for many years so it was quite an achievement to give up and also not to gain weight. I have never smoked (apart from the odd one as a teenager) but I do know it is very addictive and difficult to stop so well done anyone who does. :)

but I do know it is very addictive and difficult to stop so well done anyone who does. :)

My very own sentiments... Well done to anyone who does......

Actually... what bothers me most about the above Poll, is that very few of the current smokers wants to stop smoking.... (despite)

:no:

Smoking.jpg

I'm under correction here, but I heard it as a fact (very long ago) that a certain maestro (don't push me for names - cause I can't remember who).... insisted that his opera performers each smoke a cigar before they go on stage... it apparently does something to enhance a certain quality (don't ask me which, cause I can't remember) of their voice....

But then... Llj... for the privelage of having an international Opera celebrity stay over at my place, I'll sacrifice the joys of smoking for as long as she is a guest in my house.... :lol:

Probably makes the tone slightly darker, more, for the lack of a better word, "smoky". I don't think I need to be any darker in color. :lol: I've not personally heard that, though, but man, opera singers did a lot of crazy stuff back in the day. Enrico Caruso used to take ether and then whiskey before performances. I'm no doctor, but that can't be good.

Probably makes the tone slightly darker, more, for the lack of a better word, "smoky". I don't think I need to be any darker in color. :lol: I've not personally heard that, though, but man, opera singers did a lot of crazy stuff back in the day. Enrico Caruso used to take ether and then whiskey before performances. I'm no doctor, but that can't be good.
:lol: Well... for the high notes... How's helium inhalation.... :lol:

A lot less harmful IMO than what they used to do to boys so they could keep their high notes. Creating castrati was a gruesome practice. But I digress. You making some progress?

I've never smoked, I'm only 15 but while other teenagers are starting smoking younger than me I will NEVER touch it. I don't like alcohol either, whereas the majority of my age group drink it and get drunk regularly. I'm too physically fit to throw it away.

Ludwig, I agree, you should quit. Maybe if you were on 20 a day it wouldn't be as urgent but 50-60 a day?
If you started in 1966 your health can't be too good. I agree you should really try to cut down to 10 a day at the very least.
My reason why is that I climbed Mount Snowdon, a small-ish mountain over here in the UK. I climbed it with my dad, his girlfriend and her son who's 13. His girlfriend has been a chain smoker for many years, at least 20 a day, her son, who is younger than me has recently started smoking at school. I know he does. My dad has smoked on and off through his life, but with a long gap for 12 years without doing it at all. He's not dependent or a chain smoker, as far as I know, and he exercises a fair bit too.
As we were climbing the mountain, me and my dad were walking faster than the other two, me especially, I was nowhere near out of breath or exhausted whereas dads girlfriend and son were panting, very out of breath and exhausted and refused to go further, halfway up!

Shows it really does affect you. Good luck Ludwig!

Most reactions

Back