Show Me Your Car!

Hmm, still don't recall seeing a pop up celica round here, they all are either the newer ones or the ones that resemble the Supra bodyshape with the seperate lights at the front. And round here we have everything from chavved up saxos to Lambos and Nobles. I'll keep my eye open from now...

Got to look at an extremely rare car at work last month, a Peugeout 205 Ti. That's the insane mid-engine turbo they brought out to homogonise (spelling?) for the ill fated B-Class rallying. They only had to make 50 and best estimates reckon only 23 were made. That thing goes mad-quick. Apparantly one of the workers got a go and even though he rides superbikes, he was too scared to actually get it boosting. It has that much power, and the owner reckons now he has a new chip on it he can start running it up from 1 Bar to 2 Bar boost.

That's the sort of insane car I want. If only I had 28k for that 1,000BHP skyline R32 on autotrader...

The supra style ones with the round headlights are the marque that followed the pic above. Technically known as the ST183. Mines the ST182.

Did you know they've been building celica's since the 1970's??

I thought they were called ST205's littleimp? The 185 had popup lights. I know what your saying about America Andy but I think popup lights are ok across there too just newer cars they are banned on. The MR2's are very popular across there. Trying to think what other cars have popup lights? Early Mazda 323, Supra, RX7, MR2 Mk1 & Mk2, Celica there are loads. :)

Here is a googled pic of mine... its not the s though, but same colour and big wheels...

box.jpg

lovely car squid, i guess the fish have fun on their way home!!

"it's not the s" - is that a way of playing down "I gotta porsche so there!"

only joking... thanks for sharing

bah.. i guess your just getting back at me for the gratuitous planted tank shots a while ago
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and err.. maybe... ;) also.. the one in the pic is an S.. youd have to be pretty keen to spot it...not sure i can.. but just in case somebody did..

bah.. i guess your just getting back at me for the gratuitous planted tank shots a while ago

and err.. maybe... ;) also.. the one in the pic is an S.. youd have to be pretty keen to spot it...not sure i can.. but just in case somebody did..

its a nice car but boxters dont do it for me to many hairdressers have them lol sorry

its a nice car but boxters dont do it for me to many hairdressers have them lol sorry

Your telling me you wouldnt drive one?

Here's my one as of 1/2hr ago.

Toyota Celica. Imported GT-R version with race lightened chassis.

b5b.jpg

18e.jpg
How comes it doesnt have the GT bonnet? I thought they had vents in, or is that just the GT-4 Turbos?

Dan

EDIT: Bloke who works in same yard as me had Celica that shape, J reg one, spent loads on having it chipped and exhausts made etc etc bragging how fast it was, yet when i flew past him with 160mph reading on my standard MR2's speedo he seem to start quietening down :p hehehe
Dont tell policeman of my A12 antics.

Yep only the tubos have the vented bonnet. The carlos sainz bonnet looks like someones been at it with a tin opener, holes & bumps everywhere!

Your telling me you wouldnt drive one?

Very pretty car, my sone loves porsche's.
If I could afford a car like that it would be the old speedster as I love classic cars & you don't need a £20000 computer system to fix em!

I'm not into speed, I buy a car cause it looks nice.

A mate's dad had a porsche convertible that he lost control of coming off the local A120 slip. The road goes round & over the road you just come off & he lost it on the bend & smashed into the barrier going over the road. Unfortunately he wasn't wearing a belt & he was catapulted out of the car onto the road below & then run over by a coach coming the other direction down the road. The family couldn't go and identify the body & it was done on dental records :sick:
Anyone who knows this area knows the road I'm talking about. They estimated he was doing 120mph+ when he hit the barrier.

IIRC pop-ups are only banned in the US...don't remember hearing about it over here...Ruddy yanks making Lambo get rid of the diablo pop-ups with their silly safety for pedestrian laws

hmm..I wasn't aware they were "banned" as much as they were just redesigned. I know they quit using them on alot of cars because the motors would inevitably leave one unfunctional and left sticking up...they were not a very economical choice for that reason.

I'm not saying they weren't..but I've just never heard of that before..and I've lived here my whole life lol.

I'd like to see a law that states they are banned though...because, what do the people who still drive them do? Drive around in a illegal car now? :lol:

Lambo took out the pop-up lights in anticipation of the ban on new cars having pop up lights. The ban would not be retrospective and as such would not affect existing cars. It appears it never entered law, but now that pop-ups have stopped being fashionable, they are gone forever.

On American cars they may end up failing soon, my car is over 13 years old and both fly up and down every time, but I've mentioned previously the difference in Japanese and American manufacturing reliability... ;)

:shrug: My 1988 supra's pop ups constantly had problems. All cars have problems, but I'm not going to argue that american cars have lost alot of quality. They are more concerend with bottom dollar then quality. Sad but true.

Most reactions

Back