Show Me Your Car!

Man, you can't escape the whole domestics v. imports anywhere?!?!

I have a 1996 Impala SS (pic posted earlier on the thread BTW). My best run with it was 14.7 at a lil under 100 mph (4500 pound car, remember that). I have minor stuff done to the motor, an airfoil, home plate delete, intake, air pump delete and a custom tune. I make 236 hp and 307 lb-ft to the rear wheels. The real fun with this car is auto crossing. I have Herb Adams sway bars, eibach springs and KYB shocks on it, I pulled .84 G's on the skidpad....not bad for a basically stock sport sedan.

I know plenty of guys with Imports (I'm 22). An old co-worker of mine has a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000-GT VR-4. It's a sick little car. He regularly runs down in the 11's with this, he has tons of stuff done to it but I don't know all. It puts down 480-ish hp, so says the chassis dyno. But yanno what? It can't turn worth a damn...kinda funny. He went auto crossing with me once, we both pulled about the same times around the course but we both got hammered by some Si Civics and some WRX Subies.

Moral of the story.....

Put aside your rivalries, anyone that likes to enjoy their car, no matter what it is, is a car guy, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to bash it. Tastes are not universal, I like large, 4-door sport sedans with big V-8s, some guys like small two door front drivers with engines that displace as much as TWO of my cylinders.....they are all cars and we are all car guys. Any guy will modify their car in the pursuit of whatever form of performance they like is a cool guy to me. (even if I don't really like their car of choice....Mustangs....eeww LoL!!)

Oh yeah, 80's Buick GN's are scary fast. They run low 14's-high 13's stock all day long and with slicks and about $2,500 to $3,000 bucks of mods you can ahve an easy 12 second street car.....if you can afford to find one nowadays.

My car is just a bog standard land rover defender 2.5litre engine but cos its so b****** heavy it only goes to 60mph.
only use it to get to work and to the stable yard and back so not 2 bad dont have the time to have a car to pose in!!!

I sold my motor a few weeks back.... (they yellow Seat Ibiza right back at the start)

This is my daily ride now (except when i nick the car off the mrs :)

medium.jpg

VERY NICE GSX-R.

I love riding a crotch rocket....so much fun.

I don't have one but have ridden my brother's 2003 Kawasaki Ninja GS-6R on many occasions. That thing is scary fast! (I like GSX-Rs better tho)

Finally, I'm old enough to own a nice big luxury vehicle without looking silly.

1992 Buick Park Avenue - In outstanding shape!

1991-96-Buick-Park-Avenue-91121341991516.JPG

edit: BTW, pic is not mine but is the identical car.

well, seeing as i'm a newbie with a big interest in cars, this is where i should place my first post :)

Just bought a new shape mondeo, which is so boring its unbelieveable!! But here is my old car, miss it like mad :(

Thursday6thApril019Medium.jpg

Thursday6thApril023Medium.jpg

Thursday6thApril004Medium.jpg

fc1.jpg

rich :)

Most reactions

Back