Rescue operation-poor little Puffer. (Cookie)

excellent glad to hear he's done so well.

I know a customer that comes to us that has bought a fahaka from Seapets recently so there's another one in a good home now!!

fufanu360 said:
thats awsome!! he looks pretty small still tho.. is he around 3 inches?
Yeah, about that size. here he is trying to bite my finger.

cookiefinger.jpg

He looks AMAZING!!! :hyper: Go Cookie go!!! :flex: :flex: :flex: You did a wonderful job with him and you should be very proud of yourself. :nod:

Just discovered this thread... and oh my god, am i in shock! :D You guys have done a very wonderful thing... I cant believe how well cookie is doing. Keep this thread going till he/shes as big as Martha. Very glad to hear all the puffers at the LFS are well too.

Good Job!!!! :D :clap:

Zombies said:
Wow, I really like that last picture of him, he's got such a curious look on his face. :lol:
That's not his face in the last picture! :rofl:

dothedew said:
When do they get the typical Fahaka colors like Martha's?
By the way, you guys are my heroes :D

He's a lot darker in colour than Martha ever was, but he's beginning to show signs of striping now, maybe he'll colour up as he gets bigger. *shrugs*

I cant beleive it thats awesome! :cool:

I want a puffer so bad now :D

Is there any puffers that are bigger then a dwarf that can live in a 10 or 20g?

mwm said:
Is there any puffers that are bigger then a dwarf that can live in a 10 or 20g?
South American colomesus asellus or Red-eye carinotetraodon lorteti are both small freshwater puffers, although I'd say 20g would be minimum just for the sake of the water quality.

For a full list of the more commonly found freshwater puffers, see here (third post down)

Such a great job you have done getting Cookie back on form and looking really healthy!

What type of prawns is it you feed your puffers? Any suggestions for feeding dwarf puffers? I feed them snails, and the odd bit of meet and sometimes they tuck into half a bottom feeder's wafer.

Ben

Great Job you two, If your looking for a place to stick a tank I've always thought the idea of putting one under the dining table quite nice, Its comfortably tight for puffers and its isolated from much of the trafic, Unless you have little kids over who kick while they eat that is :grr:

Most reactions

Back