Rescue operation-poor little Puffer. (Cookie)

SirMinion said:
fufanu360 said:
thats awsome!! he looks pretty small still tho.. is he around 3 inches?
Yeah, about that size. here he is trying to bite my finger.

cookiefinger.jpg
Do Martha like this.... :D

They still have the Mbu puffer in my Local Fish shop, its about a foot long and £150 :|

I wish I had a spare 60G tank lol.

Ben

Here's an update on the puffers still at the store...

Well today we went to visit the store where Martha & Cookie came from, as followers of this thread will know, I gave then a piece of my mind when I took Cookie from them and things seemed to be improving...

...but...

There are now only four tankmates left, one of them is looking fine and in fairly good condition.

...but the other three are in a sorry state; painfully thin, sagging skin and dusted in some kind of white fungal infection. Obviously my rant went in one ear and out of the other.

Needless to say, the tank has no indication that the fish in it are diseased which means that the staff in the store haven't even noticed, or more likely, don't care.

So LadyMinion and I have decided to boycott the store and no longer purchase anything from them, not fish, not food, noy dry goods, nothing.

And I would ask anyone who lives around the Colchester & Ipswich area of East Anglia to do the same.

The store is Seapets at Colchester, and Seapets at Ipswich.

oooh, ive been there, (one in colchester, i live only 30 mins drive) not that gr8 of a place

some other good palces in colchester, there is betta aqautics which aint too bad, also swallows whcih is a prettyy good shop with as nice seletion, they also sell marine and repitles, quite a nice place to have a look around in if your going that way :p

toggle said:
oooh, ive been there, (one in colchester, i live only 30 mins drive) not that gr8 of a place
some other good palces in colchester, there is betta aqautics which aint too bad, also swallows whcih is a prettyy good shop with as nice seletion, they also sell marine and repitles, quite a nice place to have a look around in if your going that way :p
Yeah, we visit Swallow Aquatics twice a week for live food because they're the only place near us that does river shrimp & jumbo bloodworm.

I didn't know there was a Betta Aquatics in colchester! We've visited the one in Clacton a couple of times (Paul_V_Biker works there)

Where in Colchester?

aww,thats really sad what theyre doing to those helpless puffers :(

did you say anything to them this time?

DD

Hey Sir,

Does the Colchester Swallows keep the river shrimp at all time, or did you have to order them?

I visit the Swallows at Rayleigh at least once a week to get the live food for our tank but have never noticed any river shrimp (at least, not at feeder prices).

I visited the Seapets not too long after you rescued Martha and I saw the state of that tank (and I wasn't overly impressed with the rest of the tanks). I used to find that Swallows of Colchester was fantastic (and only a 2 min drive from Seapets) and so never used it.

Andy

andywg said:
Does the Colchester Swallows keep the river shrimp at all time, or did you have to order them?
I visit the Swallows at Rayleigh at least once a week to get the live food for our tank but have never noticed any river shrimp (at least, not at feeder prices).
Yes they have them all the time, although the delivery is on Thursdays so it's best to go on Thursday afternoon or Friday when they're freshest.

They don't advertise the fact they have them and they're kept out the back out of sight, so you have to ask for them.

They're sold in 'portions' of 20 to 50 shrimp at 70p per portion

when you say 70p is that like seventy cents... but in euros? cause if its #'s thats a lot for shrimp :crazy:

Most reactions

Back