Rescue operation-poor little Puffer. (Cookie)

This is probably a stupid question :*) Is the color difference between the two due to size and health and not so much age? :unsure:

:wub: :wub: aww look hes getting so much better. you can't see his innards anymore! his eyes are still hanging slightly but they have so much more tenacity in them now. he's sure a fighter. :nod:

Sorrell said:
This is probably a stupid question :*) Is the color difference between the two due to size and health and not so much age? :unsure:
Colour difference due to size, health, age and of course, natural variation.
The stripes will only appear when he gets a little bit bigger, and red colour comes in later still.

Dont take this the wrong way but can I ask, is Martha overweight? Or is she meant to be that big? It looks huge like looking at it I cant imagine it swimming, maybe rolling but not swimming. :blink:

Zaphan58 said:
Dont take this the wrong way but can I ask, is Martha overweight? Or is she meant to be that big? It looks huge like looking at it I cant imagine it swimming, maybe rolling but not swimming. :blink:
:lol: No, she's supposed to look like that. Like a big sack of spuds, and she swims very well!

She's like greased lightning when we feed her!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

You should be so proud of yourselves....!!!!!!!!!! Cookie is looking incredible :-( :wub: :wub:

Oh my gosh, I just can't believe it. I've been following this thread and those last pictures inspired me to post my congratulations to a job SUPER WELL DONE!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

Hello, I hadn't noticed this thread until now. Reading this thread has cheered up my night. Good job on rescuing Cookie, puffers need more people like you :D

Martha scares the hell out of me! She's h-u-g-e! I am sure she's gorgeous but I wouldn't want to mess with her!

Poor Cookie! He's looking much better, he looked very listless early on. I can't believe they let him get that bad, food is a fundamental thing to life and it's obvious he wasn't right.

Good luck with him.

I just discovered this thread yesterday, and I'm SO curious - how is Cookie doing?
I hope he is building strength and health.
I nearly cried when I first saw that pathetic picture of him :-( I'm so thankful you two took him in!

One week update.

Well Cookie's still with us and seems to be still doing well.
Yesterday we gave him a portion of river shrimp to hunt.
Unfortunately, we didn't think of filming it untill he'd almost had enough, so his enthusiasm for the hunt is rather lacking, but we did managed to get footage of him disemboweling one shrimp.
Sorry about the quality, there wasn't much room on the camera and no time to clear it, so we had to drop the quality to get more than a few second's video.

Click here or on the photo of Cookie to see the video.

I love it! i was rooting for him the whole time :wub: Thanks for that, good to see him doing so well, won't be long before we get to see before and after with his battery like Martha and her pot :p :thumbs:

Awwwwwww too cute! but there is something funny... my puffer's food always sem to fast for em... I sometimes have to put the food n the puffer itself in a net just so that the puffer can get to it

That vid was great, looks like cookie is going to make it :nod: .
Great job!!!!!!
:thumbs:
I would like to know how the others are doing at the LFS... Could you do a follow up on that?

Most reactions

Back