Rescue operation-poor little Puffer. (Cookie)

Betta Aquatics
The Barn Colchester Rd Elstead Market Elmstead
Colchester
Essex
United Kingdom
CO7 7EE
Tel: 01206 824376

We Used to have all our bottom coldwater tanks saved for river shrimp but we haven't been able to get hold of them :(

Thats the one Ricey, on the back roads to colchester, are you local to it?

Cheers Sir, I might ask next time in the one in Rayleigh (I should hope they have some).

Hey, have they sold all their fish in the large display tank yet? I know they were trying to last time I was there but that was some time ago. I remember the Pacu were £50 for the pair, if only I had the room... :/

Still quite a few in there, the massive plecs in there weren't for sale when i went.

If only i had space for there lovely red taiL!!

Thought it was about time I did an update.

Cookie's still going strong and now looks like he's supposed to. He eats huge amouts of mussels, prawns & mealworms and is fast outgrowing the tank he's in.
He's about five inches now and nice and fat.

Thankfully, another member here, Paul MTS (previously Paul_V_Biker) has agreed to take him on and is busy setting up a nice big and heavily filtrated tank ready for his arrival.

Thank you Paul! I didn't know what we would do with another huge puffer, we have no room for any more large tanks!

I'll take some new photos soon too.

Ok, we now have a car again and so can Bring Cookie to you whenever you're ready for him, Paul.
I'd suggest that the tank gets a little more mature first though.

Once you're ready, PM me and we'll arrange a mutually convieniant date and time.

I have to admit, I'm very nervous about moving our little lad and we will miss his cute little deformed grinning face pressing against the glass as he begs for prawns :wub: , but I guess it's for the best :byebye:

ah ha excellent!

only problem now is the tanks arranged to be quarantine for the new fish arrival.

don't worry about maturaty, for about 3 months now i'ved had 5 ltrs of media maturing in my sump and ehiem filter.

What a brilliant job you have done Sir & Lady Minion. Cookie can now enjoy a long & happy life with Paul.

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

At last, due to popular demand, here's a Cookie update.

To save you having to go all the way back to the beginning to remember what the poor little
bugger looked like when we rescued him from the ill-educated cluches of an ignorant fish store,
here he is again on the day that we got him, barely two inches long.

That's an AA battery in the foreground for size reference.
tinyfahaka2.jpg

So here here is now, a healthy six inches.
cookie1.jpg

He's growing a lot more slowly than Martha did, possibly due to his bad start in life.
cookie2.jpg

Here you can see his deformed lip.
A legacy of the starvation, bullying & disease he endured during his time at the store.
cookie3.jpg

He's a lot darker than Martha ever was, we think this is due the black sand he has in his tank. We'll soon see
when he moves in with Paul, because Paul has put light coloured sand in his new tank.
Puffers are very good and changing colour to suit their surroundings.
cookie4.jpg

What an improvement ! Well done, he looks amazing now :nod:

Amazing transformation, a real credit to you as fish keepers. I should tinking paul will be looking at these pictures more than once. ;)

yay, go Cookie...he looks awesome even with the slightly deformed lip!

i have some good news aswell. my fish will finally be delivered this Friday so week or 2 after that and I'll be ready and waiting for Cookie!

I should tinking paul will be looking at these pictures more than once

i'm still glued to scrolling through the pictures, think i'll print 1 off and stick it to the tank....

Most reactions

Back