Portinho Da Arrábida - Uma Vista De Troia

And the line extents in merah, the neon line. the spot is also more wider than tall. In malculatus it is more even.

DSC00413.jpg

Some pics of your maculatus?

We may need to wait for these to colour up properly :) they were transparent only 5 hours ago.

Andy

they look quality mate!

Why didn't you ask Kev what the Latin was for them?, he's got a list of the present fish. I'm going up for a C02 refill on Wednesday, so if we haven't come to any conclusions by then, i'll ask him.

You're gonna die. Some do some don't. I think you get what everybody gets, both species. Grey and acclimating, a distributor cannot be entirely sure.

These are acclimated fish
DSC00383.jpg

Malucatus is the bottom-most fish in the picture and the fish just to its right. the paler ones. Male merah is right above it, brighter orange and neon lines. Female merah are the two fish farthest to the right, neon lines but less extreme color.

they look quality mate!

Why didn't you ask Kev what the Latin was for them?, he's got a list of the present fish. I'm going up for a C02 refill on Wednesday, so if we haven't come to any conclusions by then, i'll ask him.

No need. He hsa them listed as 'dwarf rasbora' which is commonly maculatus. however I don't think these are maculatus. If so they shouldn't have those neon rings. maybe they are neither maculatus or merah. There is so much conflicting info r.e. micros on the internet. People seem to list their pictures with whichever sp they want it to be. lol. however I was going by the neon circles.

Going to have to wait a wek or 2 for them to fill out and colour up. They are quite literally babies and very thin. Quite like bananas in body shape at the minute.

Andy

Is that with the disco funk LED lighting you were telling me about? Hahaha, very interesting look. I like it. The rocks almost look like corals under actinic.

Just telling you, careful with these boraras getting sucked up everywhere. I've had to rescue many from my filters. :rolleyes: I'd keep them again in a heartbeat, though.

Is that with the disco funk LED lighting you were telling me about? Hahaha, very interesting look. I like it. The rocks almost look like corals under actinic.

Just telling you, careful with these boraras getting sucked up everywhere. I've had to rescue many from my filters. :rolleyes: I'd keep them again in a heartbeat, though.

Was thinking that with mine lol, ESP with 600lph on a 60litre, think I'll buy a pre filter to go on the intake.

Nope. That hasn't been bought yet. Not a priority at the moment. Wife says food and baby stuff comes ahead of fish. Very selfish of her but then I am pretty submissive <------Ha, ha. I'll wait till she's stuck in hospital with the newborn and then order them. lol. She needs to re-order her priorities as fish first, then food, then newborn's last.

That is quite simply the night cathodes from the luminaire shining blue downward and the T4 warm white cabinet light shining upward, hence you can see the light shining through the gaps in the doors (cabinet doesn't have a back on it)

Found one stuck in the filter intake earlier. already eaten up. I guess it was one of the weaker ones. We'll see how it goes. I'm not really a fan of using stuff over the filter intakes. Looks a right mess and reduces the flow.

May take a while for these to fully colour up. They are really young. circa 1cm (under half an inch) and most have suken bellies at the mo. They are really loving the grade 1 astax crumb. Grade 1 = fry food. basically dust. The standar grade (like Tetra prima) is a bit too big for them.

Andy

Let the games begin! You'll get better at rescuing them. I ended up having to add a sponge over my filter intakes, though.

I got mine bigger. About 3/4 inch. Sunken bellies isn't a good sign.

perhaps the boraras you have is a type of hybrid? I thought i remember reading that some of them can interbreed. I keep b. urophthalmoides and was concerned when i considered getting another type of boraras.

A bit of a let down but I'm not overly happy with these fish. They are a bit scatty for my liking. Not in that they are timid because they definately aren't. More a case of that they behave like shrimp flying around the tank seperately and just look rubbish and I find them a little boring.

I like them when they are down near the substrate 'pecking' away at food on the floor and following the Corys to see what flies up from the substrate however Tetras do that. What to do :eek: Ho hummm.

Add to that I've had 3 now stuck to the filter intake and 1 jumper crispy on the floor (always happens after lights out) and I am at a crossroads with them.

No way I am covering the filter intake, especially for fish that I'm not overly content with so they may go into the 23 litre (with the pink filter. lol) and be replaced in this tank with something else.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking maybe 15x threadfins or 20 lampeyes or something like that. These 2 because the platinums looked ace. The really subtle silver reflectiveness worked well with the rocks.

Andy

Thread fins would be nice, they're much calmer, I hope mine don't end up doing my head in now lol got me worried.

Most reactions

Back