Portinho Da Arrábida - Uma Vista De Troia

How's the algae situation Andy? Looks like the sort of tank that a pair of Stiphodons would enjoy...

Algae situation is the same as before really. No problems in general, Just GSA/GDA on the rocks and a couple of tufts of BBA along the unplanted front section.

Once the stems kick in properly they should help to 'take up the slack' and the algae should dissipate. In effect this tank is barely planted at the moment and therefore the low plantmass is not helping with regard to the algae. 75% suggestions and all that. lol

Give it a couple of months but I will post up pics in the next couple of weeks, algae and all :) One will pop up later today or tomorrow but just to show how the shrimp are struggling in this tank. lol

I have decided I want to get this scape finished by the end of summer and have reverted to a more traditional 'full' style. In the rear corners I have planted Pogostomen Erectus and Glosso around the sides of the scape. Just the sand 'should' remain in view. Some 'before and after' shots below.

The Cherry shrimps are a little 'out of control' at the moment because I only sell them off in the warmer weather. A lot of these will go from March onwards.

DSCF2903.JPG

DSCF2904.JPG

DSCF2917.JPG

DSCF2918.JPG

DSCF2920.JPG

DSCF2921.JPG

DSCF2922.JPG

DSCF2924.JPG

DSCF2930.JPG

DSCF2931.JPG

DSCF2933.JPG

DSCF2936.JPG

Regards
Andy

I finally broke this scape down. No pictures to add I'm afraid but it hadn't moved on much since the pictures above. Due to a new optiwhite tank coming soon and other projects needing this tank out of the way it had to go.

Onwards and upwards ;) Big surprise for you lot when the replacement is ready to 'journalise'

Regards
Andy

Most reactions

Back