Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

Aww sorry to hear about the gramma
I was gonna say that my clowns harassed mine and now they are fine, but yeah I hope everything else goes well and you don't lose anyone else

Aww sorry to hear about the gramma
I was gonna say that my clowns harassed mine and now they are fine, but yeah I hope everything else goes well and you don't lose anyone else

Yeah, I just think it was the whole 4 against 1 issue. The chalk bass are doing great. Big pigs, they eat pellets. Thank goodness, frozen mysis and brine doesn't always have to be on the menus. That stuff can wreak havoc on your water if you overfeed.

L

I finally got around to giving the tank a nice clean and giving it a proper photoshoot. Well, not really a proper one compared to what some do around here, but proper in the sense that I whipped out my HD camera and actually tried to be artistic.

But first a few things.

1. Added Caulerpa prolifera. Can go "sexual" but a lovely plant and the "sexual" issue can be curtailed with regular pruning.

2. I'll be upgrading the lighting in this tank soon. I've been spoiled by Metal Halide and LEDs in my other systems! I found a cheap MH 150W fixture from another hobbyist. Picking that up tomorrow. Yay!

Now for the pictures. Of course with the Halide up, I'll have to take pictures again, but is that really such a bad thing? :p

fts

DSC06695.jpg

jawfish peeking

DSC06717.jpg

Macros and ricordea

DSC06724.jpg

Ricordeas

DSC06720.jpg

DSC06754.jpg

Chalk bass

DSC06713.jpg

DSC06721.jpg

Caulerpa

DSC06737.jpg

Another fts

DSC06741.jpg

Thanks for looking,

L

Nothing much going on here, just really need to prune... AGAIN. :rolleyes: It's a wild macro fest in there and even the sea grasses are starting to perk up.

The first MH was a bust, the ballast didn't work, but the seller is super nice and is refunding my money. Afterwards, I see another hobbyist about yet another MH, so I haven't given up my MH dreams for this tank.

Jawfish hides more, since he lost his mate, I really make sure I drop food into his cave, as the chalk bass are extremely fast and extremely greedy. Any fish I pick next has to be on the aggressive end, that's for sure. It's a pack of four chalk bass who all happen to get along, when they're together, I don't think much can stand in their way.

The only addition has been a small Caribbean brittle star that John Maloney at Reefcleaners found on a diving trip and thought I'd like. :D I'll try to get a picture, but it's very reclusive.

L

clearly been a while since I checked in on this......wow! Very, very different indeed. Love the concept and the results.

clearly been a while since I checked in on this......wow! Very, very different indeed. Love the concept and the results.

Thank you, General. I am pleased that you are pleased. :D

The bass are very pretty. I love their colors. The yuma makes me jealous, I really want some in my tank. They are gorgeous.

-Tyler

The bass are very pretty. I love their colors. The yuma makes me jealous, I really want some in my tank. They are gorgeous.

-Tyler

I don't have yuma in this tank, but Ricordea florida. I love my chalk bass too.

Well, I did it. I got a MH. I found another hobbyist selling a sunpod 150W for cheap. So I bought it. Great guy, great family, ended up staying for like 2 hours just talking fish tanks. LOLOL

Here you have it, video from YouTube with the new halide.

http://youtu.be/wXnKLID0nwY?hd=1

L

Thought I lost female pearly jawfish. She went missing 2/25. She's back as of 3/8, so 13 days missing. Not skinny, so she must have been eating something, or maybe the male was bringing her food. Still missing a large portion of her jaw. Jawfish senza jaw, very sad. But honestly, the two options.

1. stress her out by catching her, throwing her into a small 8g with no sand no rocks and treat her with meds to see if the jaw may grow back

2. let her live the rest of her life in peace and relative quiet. She eats as best as she can.

I've learned that she'll take mysis and food squirted directly into her open mouth. She's a smart one. :)

L

Very cool you can still feed her. Shame she has to live with it, but if she can do it =) Then that is awesome!

-Tyler

I got a few things...

3 more rock anemones
3 more small ricordea florida
1 frag of Caribbean paly

Forgot to take a picture of the paly, silly me, but I have pictures of the other items.

Also, got stupid first rock nem out of the corner. He's now all comfy and happy in a crevice where I can see him! :hyper:

Peeechur time...

Rics

9f125881.jpg

Neony green nem and red tentacled nem

670a3eb2.jpg

Stunning neon orange nem

0933ac76.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'll be HD'ing this tank this weekend. It's due for one, especially since I got the MH.

L

High def photo shoot I guess

Thanks for looking, I'll be HD'ing this tank this weekend. It's due for one, especially since I got the MH.

L

HD'ing? MH? I am lost :look: :-(

HD - High Defininition
MH - Metal Halide

Hope that clears things up. I upgraded my lighting, Biulu. It went from being a 2x65 W compact florescent + a 2x14w T5 to being just a 150W Metal Halide. Much more light penetration and I can basically grow my sea grasses better and whatever coral I want. Not that I'll use it much for coral, but since I'm now able to frag a lot of my corals in my other tanks, this tank will now make a great holding station for the frags to grow out.

High def photo shoot I guess

That's it. :D

Most reactions

Back