Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

Oh dear lord, i LOVE ricordia shrooms! And yours look exactly like the ones that are extremely colorful and healthy ones in the books and stuff! So cool its affecting my wording!

Oh dear lord, i LOVE ricordia shrooms! And yours look exactly like the ones that are extremely colorful and healthy ones in the books and stuff! So cool its affecting my wording!

We get very nice ricordea in florida. Gee, I wonder why? :lol:

In all seriousness, they are very nice here, a popular coral too. I keep Ricordea yumas in my 8g. But I have Ricordea florida in this tank.

L

Ok, so while I was at church on Sunday, some of my Halimeda decides to go sexual. Right when I was about to send -Nemo- some clippings.

This is what it looks like...

6eba1c54.jpg

EWWWWWW!!!, so I yank it out of the tank, and then clip the rest of the Halimeda. Clipping and pruning, from what I've read, stops the process. With work and performing, I had not gotten around to it.

LOLOL, I've got bits of Halimeda everywhere now. It's sad, but I haven't seen anything go sexual since.

1a9b7f55.jpg

I may be good to send clippings by early next week if people want them. Haha, will have them regular now as I don't want this happening again. That stuff can seriously destroy your tank if it gets out of hand. On the other hand, if you are smart, you can also use it in small doses for some decent propagation. Fish are fine, corals are actually doing great.

L

This tank is extremely interesting and I have been following it every step of the way. Glad you caught the halimeda before it was too late. :good:

And oh my, those rics are AMAZING!

This tank is extremely interesting and I have been following it every step of the way. Glad you caught the halimeda before it was too late. :good:

Thanks. I'm glad too. The pruning was very good. Already seeing regrowth. :D

And oh my, those rics are AMAZING!

Oh yes, the rics here are very nice and cheap. It's a native coral, so it's easy to come by. I'm going to check out a site, Sealife Inc, that has Caribbean species. I'll see what I can get. :)

Nothing new to report with this tank except that I'm sending my first set of clippings to Nemo this week. And I have to do a water change.

L

I got...

CHALK BASS!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :band: :band: :drink: :drink: :fish: :fish:

Oh, and another Royal Gramma.

L

Congratulations! Are it the ones that you had quarantained at your lfs all that time, or do they come from a different source? We demand pics though...

A different set, but also quarantined at the LFS. There only remained one from the original set, haha, the one with the gimpy fin. The others jumped at the LFS. He pulled through great and was joined by 3 later on. Finally ready to go home. So an even school of 4. Not what I want, but if something unfortunate happens, I've got a group of three.

The gramma is probably one of the biggest grammas I've ever seen. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'm not feeling all that well today. :( But they are beautiful.

L

Ok, now with peeechurs...

Acclimating

32ee3103.jpg

6e6d811a.jpg

In the tank

2fd07423.jpg

2c699634.jpg

539d8a7a.jpg

Video

Thanks for looking,

L