Maybe a bit creepy!

Right okay, I found a normal picture, also I'll include two from my younger days, which should be a laugh for you.

The shockingly blonde me was taken just before my basic training, as you can imagine I was quite the laughing stock and earned the nickname "Budgie" because "I like to flaunt my feathers", naturally they cut the finge off but kept the blonde part at the back and my sergeant told me if I was to be a good budgie I'd have to style it everyday lol.
LOL! Budgie isn't too bad a nickname at least, haha!

You say your younger days as if you're ancient, you're what, late twenties, early thirties?

You say your younger days as if you're ancient, you're what, late twenties, early thirties?
Bang on thirty, I call myself "old" because my body is betraying me, getting out of bed feels like I was run over the day before. I'd say im an inbetweener

I like posts for the same reason, @Chad. The issue is that they have made a competition out of it and it fills up my notifications. I don’t want to stop receiving completely. Some are valuable. But getting 8 likes from the same person in my post is annoying. That shows they are just going down and liking everything. It makes our like option mean nothing. You also don’t get as many as I do as you are not on as much or commenting as much. I am called on for things which is fine but increases my comments. It was never an issue until the younger group joined the forum. There’s no prize and no reason for the childish competition. End of my rant!
And now I'm frightened to like anything, or make a light-hearted comment, in case I wee-wee someone off.

I've had some lovely jokey conversations on here, and have "liked" other people's friendly conversations. rarely has someone taken something the "wrong way", but when a comment has caused an unintended reaction an apology has always been forthcoming and friendly relations re-established.

This is life - sometimes we say or do something which is misunderstood, or we misunderstand someone else's remarks or actions. We can't spend all of our time tip-toeing around things - as I say, this is part of life, and learning how to deal with it, and settling differences amicably is a bloomin' useful life skill! As is being able to apologise for something we've done wrong. Nothing wrong with learning this on a friendly forum.

And I will say, that sometimes I've liked posts because someone has made a comment which has seemed to be ignored and I just want them to know that someone has read it and appreciated their contribution.

I don't think any of us are deliberately nasty to one another. If we can't make any light-hearted, jokey comments then the forum will lose a lot of its joy - we just need to keep them "cheeky" and not mean.

However, I won't comment on your posts in future Deanasue, as in your role as moderator you will get more than the average, and I understand you not wanting to plough through them.

Bang on thirty, I call myself "old" because my body is betraying me, getting out of bed feels like I was run over the day before. I'd say im an inbetweener
lol. I'm 37, I feel ancient. I miss my twenties!

ETA: Also I loved The Inbetweeners. Also watching Friday Night Dinners on Netflix recently, under-rated comedy, if anyone has seen it.

Last edited:
You guys have not heard anything I’ve said. The like is wonderful if used in the way it was intended to be used. This idea of making it a contest has ruined the purpose of the function. I like posts, I DON’t like just liking everything to stay on top in reaction scores. There’s no purpose in it and it ruins the purpose of genuinely liking someone’s comment. When I see a like from some of you now, I just shruck it off and know you didn’t really like the comment. No reason to like some. Doing it just to raise your scores ruins the whole thing. JMO. Signing off now. :)

Last edited:
Yes... as I said, nothing was meant to offend. I was not trying to undermine you in any way...
If Flushable had been here a little longer, he'd know that neither of us intended any unkindness. I don't think any of us do. (And I wasn't trying to point any fingers at you PK - I felt more guilty myself . . . :oops: )

Right okay, I found a normal picture, also I'll include two from my younger days, which should be a laugh for you.

The shockingly blonde me was taken just before my basic training, as you can imagine I was quite the laughing stock and earned the nickname "Budgie" because "I like to flaunt my feathers", naturally they cut the finge off but kept the blonde part at the back and my sergeant told me if I was to be a good budgie I'd have to style it everyday lol.

RUDE COMMENT ALERT!!! DO NOT READ IF EASILY OFFENDED!!!!!

If you had had a tiny toothbrush moustache* on that third picture, you could have called it "Adolf Hitler - The Emo Years"

(I'll get me coat . . . )

*As a lady of a "certain age", I have a luxurious Stalin moustache if I'm not very careful. Thank heavens for wax strips, that's all I'll say.

Thread unlocked but please stick to topic and no rude remarks regarding pics. Thank you in advance.

There used to be a TV programme called "Budgie" with Adam Faith as the eponymous lovable rogue, and the late great Iain Cuthbertson as his Glaswegian gangster boss.

(Why, no. No I don't go out very much. What made you ask?)

Most reactions

Back