Maybe a bit creepy!

We all tease each other on here - there is very rarely any bad feeling and it doesn't usually last long.

Like my comment about you looking like someone "wanted to help the police with their enquires" - it was a joke, and I thought you had taken it that way (you replied "WOW!"), but now I'm worried that that, and PK's little comment have made you feel unwelcome.

I hope you don't feel like that - because you are very welcome here.

(I would say, "relax, let your hair down . . . ", but . . . ;))

@Flushable Pets neither me or @PheonixKingZ were having a go at you, i was joining in with you and jokily taking a snipe at PK trying to get likes on his comments lol. (Which PK was fully aware was a joke) I'm sorry that you feel offended! Complete mix up, noone here would intentionally try to offend anyone. Hope this makes sense and you understand

Last edited:
I don’t know what the big deal is with guys and the reactions anyway. You work so hard and you get nothing for it. :rofl: It’s so irritating too to see all these notices that someone liked my comment. All from the same person!
I'm just making a joke of it lol, sounds to me as if you monitor the reactions and care about it alot more ;) :rofl:

I'm just making a joke of it lol, sounds to me as if you monitor the reactions and care about it alot more ;) :rofl:
[/QUOTE The mods monitor everything, my dear. Because I’m a Mod and reply to a lot of posts, I am constantly getting notifications that you guys “liked” my comment Sometimes there’s not even anything to like. It gets rediculous!

Reactions: AJE
Rudeness. even in jokes, will not be tolerated any longer. Written word can be taken offensively. Be nice!

I'm only having a joke Deanasue.. didn't realise that us liking comments would cause so much friction. I'll refrain from liking your posts in future to avoid causing offence. My apologies
It’s your comment, not your “likes” that I am unhappy with!

Last edited:
I don’t know what the big deal is with guys and the reactions anyway. You work so hard and you get nothing for it. :rofl: It’s so irritating too to see all these notices that someone liked my comment. All from the same person!

I had no idea there was a competition going. I was completely lost as to what was going on. So I buggered off to do some chores.

I personally like the likes. Sometimes I don't have anything to say but want the person to know I saw their post and approve or feel a certain way about it. That said - I understand why a person would not like it or get annoyed. FORTUNATELY there is a solution for those people - turn off the notifications in your preferences. There are several places such alerts come from so read down the entire list and uncheck those you wish not to receive. Problem solved!

Annotation 2020-08-13 093655.png
Annotation 2020-08-13 093655.png

I had no idea there was a competition going. I was completely lost as to what was going on. So I buggered off to do some chores.
The competition is only between the younger groups. Never a big deal before. :)

I personally like the likes. Sometimes I don't have anything to say but want the person to know I saw their post and approve or feel a certain way about it. That said - I understand why a person would not like it or get annoyed. FORTUNATELY there is a solution for those people - turn off the notifications in your preferences. There are several places such alerts come from so read down the entire list and uncheck those you wish not to receive. Problem solved!

View attachment 112721View attachment 112721
I like posts for the same reason, @Chad. The issue is that they have made a competition out of it and it fills up my notifications. I don’t want to stop receiving completely. Some are valuable. But getting 8 likes from the same person in my post is annoying. That shows they are just going down and liking everything. It makes our like option mean nothing. You also don’t get as many as I do as you are not on as much or commenting as much. I am called on for things which is fine but increases my comments. It was never an issue until the younger group joined the forum. There’s no prize and no reason for the childish competition. End of my rant!

I like posts for the same reason, @Chad. The issue is that they have made a competition out of it and it fills up my notifications. I don’t want to stop receiving completely. Some are valuable. But getting 8 likes from the same person in my post is annoying. That shows they are just going down and liking everything. It makes our like option mean nothing. You also don’t get as many as I do as you are not on as much or commenting as much. I am called on for things which is fine but increases my comments. It was never an issue until the younger group joined the forum. There’s no prize and no reason for the childish competition. End of my rant!

I understand where you're coming from. Liking anything and everything kills the effectiveness of said likes. When you're liked for simply saying "hello" it kind of defeats the purpose. I'd like to see the likes used for good solid advice, or for warmhearted welcomes, even for when something really does strike the right chord in you. I'd say a limiter would be cool so that everyone only gets "x" likes a day, but even then, I know I could easily exceed a limit because of the bountiful messages which has good information, or generally appeals to me.

Though, I can see the younger side too, alot of things nowadays revolve around likes, and views, it's the world we live in. It may seem pointless to the older gen, however thats what they're used to and I can't fault them for it.

Most reactions

Back