Cuban Delight

Thanks guys and Caz, little piccy of my gorgeous boy, unfortunately he wont be home till friday ish and we move house Saturday. Here's baby Ryley.

:bday: :bday: :bday: :drink: :drink: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :drink: :drink: :bday: :bday: :bday:

296419_145767332178148_100002346473622_270302_3778213_n.jpg

congrats mate! he looks like a big un!

well done. :good:

Lol thanks ppl, he was only 7lb 4oz Ian lol, my daughter was huge, 68cm long and 9lb 7oz, shes gonna be tall lol this little dude is amazing, so content and quiet, hardly made a sound all day. He's gonna be an F1 driver I think, goalies don't get the glory lol.

very nice and grats on the little one! My newest is almost 6 months old now and it still amazes me how fast they grow! how are the tanks coming along?

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated for a while, we moved house, had a disaster in the Cuban Stream scape and no internet yet as we still have to get it moved. The move caused the HC carpet to completely uproot and fold over which meant a lot was ruined, I re planted what I could. I'm down to ten lamp eyes, had some jumpers, will be getting some more soon. Added some of the most red cherry shrimp which are breeding nicely, gotta build a decent lid that will allow the external pipes to fit. The staurogyne had some major melt which was causing diatoms so that has been switched with the crypts from the isle of the crypts scape and actually looks really good. So now need to change the name of that scape, also moved the needle fern on the top branch to closer to the back of the tank as it was causing a focal point which I didn't like and after a deep clean I took out the wood and trimmed it down for a better fit. The HC is doing well now, nice thick carpet and after upping the CO2 the diatoms are giving up, pic's coming soon as the net is working as i'm doing this on my phone.

Right guys, update time. Had some troubles but we're all sorted now, have bought some Purigen for the filter to get the balance settled and to give the water a polish, its only been in since yesterday so I don't think I'll see results yet.

As you can see I swapped the Staurogyne in Cuban Stream for the Crypts in Isle Of The Crypts, the Staurogyne was struggling and melting which was causing ammonia spikes. I think it looks great this way round tho, the Staurogyne kind of fits in with the perspective. I've been busy growing it and planting the cuttings to spread it out too, I also done the same with the Pogostemon Helferi so I had enough to spread in to the other scape, I hope you like the changes, they're subtle but I'm really happy with how its coming along and the HC is really getting thicker with each trim now.

I'll re-doing the Solitude scape soon to go between these two tanks in their new home, now pride of place in the middle of the front room in our new house, I just have to finish re-building the new more powerful pico filter and LED lighting unit for it.

All comments welcome people, thanks for reading.

New home.
DSC04143.jpg

The jungle.
NewJournal013.jpg

Carpet.
NewJournal012.jpg

Different angle.
NewJournal011.jpg

Shoddy pic of pearling.
NewJournal008.jpg

Got about 15 like this at the moment lol, population explosion.
DSC04140.jpg

Isle Of The Crypts, requires new name now tho lol.
DSC04142.jpg

Cuban Stream.
NewJournal007.jpg

Apologies for the picture quality, I was rushing.

looking great Steve! Thats carpeting really well, have you trimmed the HC yet?

I was waiting for a diatom filled tank, but i can't see any!

Most reactions

Back