488l Mega Nano

Gary...get pics up on the ric thread,lol

Seffie..aa see the cat's outta the bag,lol...watch this space
(pm sent with link to clowns)

Thanx for all your comments, taken 10 months to get to here and almost happy with it now,lol....

Ps anyone interested in mail order zoas and especially rics, with reasonable postage and excellent prices for rare zoas and rics drop me a pm...
try..zoaphoria.co.uk..all stock photographed and on his site so you can see exactly what yer buying....excellent quality and service from Stuart!!!

Moved plating hydna deeper down last nite in the re shuffle and now looking much happier.....

IMGP6579.jpg

Cheeky little gramma , never misses a chance of a portrait,,lol

Nice buy..I'm considering risking adding a smaller one to her hoping for a male.
Look forward to pics..may be shy for a couple of days but that don't last long,lol....full of spirit,lol...

It can be a little risky can't it. Having said that though, you do have a large literage.

I saw him come in from TMC, he was still bagged up, I could still see how good he was. Will be nice to watch him for a while in the shop before he is bagged (I say he, it could be she for all I know).

This is an Andrew choice, he liked the False gramma, not prepared to risk that, pointed him at the royal instead.

Hoping she has lots in at LFS to look at. Give me some ideas for the larger tank. Only certainty so far is that I would like to get some female filamented flasher wrasse to go with my male. A few more nice fairy or flasher would be nice too. Then I would like the Maroon clowns (Andrew wanted these instead of percs but tank was too small at the time).

dont mean to be rude but is it just me or is that Gramma's face cut?

love the face he's pulling tho :lol:

No, as the wavelength of light alters so do the markings on a gramma's face, as it gets into bluer and uv wavelengths the markings on their face appear blacker, making it look to other fish that it has a massive mouth and may eat them..the depth they live in the wild blue light is predominant and this has developed as a first line self defense
With the line running through the eye of the fish this makes the eyespot on the dorsal appear to be it's eye making it look like a much bigger fish

Definately happier out of the main flow and in the lower light, as it came from a tank sporting 400 watt halides i thought it best to start off high but quickly moved.
Caught open and feeding on mixed rotifers and cyclops.....

IMGP6590-1.jpg

May move branching form lower soon as well

Off to Big C's later, few more new additions coming so post up later when settled in...although it will be a sin to see the end of one of my favouite all time nanos......................

Thanx Tina, yep a bi colour blenny, great little algae grazer and a little character...

Cleaner was bought last nov Scott, best feeding one I've ever kept....cleans when required and happily takes frozen, brine and cyclops. Hasn't shown any sign of the normal wasting away at all.

Back from Big C's with an imperial gorg, large head of duncans, well impressed colin, and his sun coral...lovely to see all the babies in the flesh..
Also to collect a yellow watchman goby at weekend...

Most reactions

Back