Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Brine Shrimp actually have little nutritional value unless they are gut loaded, and even then, they only have the nutritional value of the food they were fed...

All the best
Rabbut

Hmmm, so what to culture that all the marine fish will value from. I was just thinking brine shrimp because it floats around the tank etc. But copepods will go onto the rocks and stuff.

YF

Another couple of questions - I know I ask so many, sorry.

I have noticed lots of little air bubbles on the back wall where there appears to be red (think its the start to coraline) are the bubbles a good sign? Also, I have noticed a patch of sand with brown on it, I know this is caused by it not being moved etc. well thats one reason to it anyway, so what are the options to remove this? just move the sand and it will be ok and hopefully one of my snails will keep turning it, or will I need to get some more CUC? however I am debating about a goby/blenny - well I will definatly be getting one, im thinking about a watchman - there beautiful. do they turn sand and move it about?

Just checked and my toadstool is sulking, I moved him because of it and noticed a starfish on it so I removed the starfish, dropped it in the tank and noticed the toadstool had a small little hole in the corner of his head, like somthings took a bite in it. Are toadstools known for this or has the starfish or somthing else been eating it?

YF

I have a fair few of them already. I will see how its like over the weekend, if it remains I will buy some more.

YF

Another couple of questions - I know I ask so many, sorry.

I have noticed lots of little air bubbles on the back wall where there appears to be red (think its the start to coraline)

Nah, that sounds like cyano, can you increase the flow and change the rowa? How much are you feeding at the moment

are the bubbles a good sign? Also, I have noticed a patch of sand with brown on it, I know this is caused by it not being moved etc. well thats one reason to it anyway, so what are the options to remove this? just move the sand and it will be ok and hopefully one of my snails will keep turning it, or will I need to get some more CUC? however I am debating about a goby/blenny - well I will definatly be getting one, im thinking about a watchman - there beautiful. do they turn sand and move it about?

They certainly do change/move the sand but i would get a few more nass or ceriths, how many you actually got?

Just checked and my toadstool is sulking, I moved him because of it and noticed a starfish on it so I removed the starfish, dropped it in the tank and noticed the toadstool had a small little hole in the corner of his head, like somthings took a bite in it. Are toadstools known for this or has the starfish or somthing else been eating it?

Toadstools are like naught school boys, sulk at teh slightest thing :rolleyes: it is very strange that you seem to be noticing holes in the muchies after the star fish have been on them, i'm wandering if something else is eating the toadstool and the stars are just eating the bits that are dying off

YF

Seffie x

:fish:

Sorry, ive been away camping for the weekend. All things are good in the tank. I have about 4 nass, and 2 cerith snails. Well thats all I see to my knowledge anyway. Im going to replace the Rowa's as soon as I get some money. The toadstool is all happy now I moved him. Now im thinking about my next livestock, hmmm.

YF

Not a chance. haha. No doubt I will be up at the LFS though alot, if my dad gets the tank tommorow anyway haha. The only thing is he is getting live sand and ovbiously it wont be live by the time he sets things up, so I told him not to worry as it will become live again over time.

YF

Most reactions

Back