Who Else Has To Change There Clothes After A Water Change

I might become a Python distributor. I see $75.00 in sales in this thread so far.

You guys/gals have got to get one. No more buckets, messes or spills... unless you get lazy and start watching TV while your Python is refilling the tank and you let it overflow. LOL

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1177724595066

The 25' basic model is good for most people.

Sorry to go off thread on this one but I was wondering about one of these, can I ask , Is it refilling with cold tap water? what about aqua safe? thanks

I strip down to my bra and undies, throw on a wife beater and some boxers, hair up in a pony, and still end up wet! :lol: I'm only 5 1' so I have to use a chair to reach the in and gravel vac the 125g. Ususally I end up soaked from the bosom on up trying to reach in and grab plants, etc. to clean them. Who knew fish keeping was the equivalent of deep sea diving??? :lol:

yup i get wet along with the floors .. my dh has to make sure the curtains are closed as i always take my top off and do the cleaning as dh wont do that at all but he will help me with the hose .. so its clean tank and my floors always gets wet too

I might become a Python distributor. I see $75.00 in sales in this thread so far.

You guys/gals have got to get one. No more buckets, messes or spills... unless you get lazy and start watching TV while your Python is refilling the tank and you let it overflow. LOL

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1177724595066

The 25' basic model is good for most people.

Sorry to go off thread on this one but I was wondering about one of these, can I ask , Is it refilling with cold tap water? what about aqua safe? thanks

I add the proper dose of dechlor to the tank prior to refilling the tank. I mostly use cold water but add a little hot water to where the water coming out the python feels the same temperature as the water coming ouf of the filter outflow. Most people can tell by touch when the waters from both streams are nearly identical within 1-2F. If you are only doing a 25% PWC, the temp difference could be as much as 4F which would only change the tank by 1F so it would not be a problem. If doing a large PWC of 50% or more, then matching the water parameters become more critical.

I also make sure the refilling water stream does not go directly into any of my filter intakes just to make sure the water has a chance to be dechlored before being filtered... even though I hear that is overkill on my part since tap water does not have a high enough dose of chlorine/chloramine to harm the N-bacteria unless they were soaking in the tap water for a while. I actually try to aim my refill stream with the outflow of one of my filters to aid in mixing things up good.

got very wet last winter. I always pour the dirty bucket into the composter. Last winter, two full buckets of water two feet on ice on the patio = very wet me. Tank water stinks when it dries on your skin!!

I always wear an old dressing gown or t shirt and shorts when i do water changes on my fish tanks so it doesn't matter if i get wet- i always put towls on the floor though around the tanks and sink when i do a water change though, so i don't end up slipping on the wet floor or anything like that :thumbs: .

Nope, not at all anymore. I used to but ive got it down to a fine art now lol

I strip down to my bra and undies, throw on a wife beater and some boxers, hair up in a pony, and still end up wet! :lol: I'm only 5 1' so I have to use a chair to reach the in and gravel vac the 125g. Ususally I end up soaked from the bosom on up trying to reach in and grab plants, etc. to clean them. Who knew fish keeping was the equivalent of deep sea diving??? :lol:

and suddenly men all over the world are suggesting that their wives/girlfriends do all the tank maintainance :hey:

lol im glad someone commented on that.

im in the concrete floor gang so it doesnt matter so much but reaching to the bottom of my 2' deep tank is a pain in the ass and normally leaves my t-shirt soaked.

ive gotten distracted loads of times tho and left the hose filling the tank. quick mop around soon sorts it tho!

only think i worry about is getting the wooden stand under my 80g wet. dont want it collapsing.

i dont normally get wet except reaching in to prun and replant my carpet etc

the worst was when i left the hose running and went to the toilet i was about to wash my hands and i heard water flowing quickly looked out and there was water all over the place! it started to really smell after a day so had to drain the tank (45 uk gallon) move it and wash the carpet then had to move it back and refill.

chris

I don't normslly get too wet, but I haven't quite got the knack of siphoning yet, and always end up swallowing what feels like several gallons of tank water!

and suddenly men all over the world are suggesting that their wives/girlfriends do all the tank maintainance :hey:

Looks like I'll be needing my wife's assistance with the 150 gallon growout tubs I have coming in next week. They happen to be 25" deep. :good:

My fun experience over the weekend with a water change was that I forgot the syphon head I was using had a one way valve in it.

When I turned the water flow around on the python to fill the tank, the water pressure popped the hose off the syphon head, the hose came out of the tank and a few things got very wet - the timber floor, the lounge, the freezer, the rug, me, the fish cabinet.

Thankfully my electrical cables are all on the top shelf of my cabinet, or it could have made it interesting.

I thought I was doing well with not getting wet until I stripped a tank down earlier. Made a complete hash of it, water everywhere with most of it being over me! :crazy:

Most reactions

Back