Who Else Has To Change There Clothes After A Water Change

Need a diving suit.\ :lol:

I don't normslly get too wet, but I haven't quite got the knack of siphoning yet, and always end up swallowing what feels like several gallons of tank water!

There's no need to actually suck on the siphon hose to get it going with aquariums. It's not like stealing gas... not that I've ever done that either. LOL

Put your thumb over the small end of the tube that goes in the bucket. Dip the big gravel vacuum siphon end into the tank and invert it to fill it up and lift it out of the tank so it stays full of water. While the other end is over the bucket, release your thumb a little until the water drains from the large end and fills up the tube, then put your thumb back over the small end. This should only take a small amount of the water in the big end. Now put the big end back in the tank, inverted, and get it full of water again. Then while still under water, turn it into the vacuuming position. Then release your thumb on the small end and it will start draining into your bucket and keep the siphon effect going. Now start vacuuming your gravel. If you pull the big end out of the tank which breaks the siphon, you will have to repeat these steps.

Once again though... if you have multiple tanks or a big tank, getting a Python will pay for itself it time saved with the first water change and gravel vacuum.

Putting my arm in the tank to move a piece of driftwood or a plant gets it wet to the shoulder (I'm 5'3",) so I just take off my shirt before doing water changes. Since I do at least three a week (damn you, cycle!), the laundry would add up otherwise.

Living alone (or practically so) does have its privileges.

And pythons are a gift from the gods.

As for the clothes im normally half naked when im working in there anyway, the room is heated and not the tanks so it gets quite warm when your active so its usually just shorts and trainers.

:whistle: what an image! lol

i don't do too bad normally, spill a bit of water round but we've wooden floors so it doesn't matter too much.

been gettng seriously drenched getting oscar out for his medicate baths the last week though, he won't stop splashing and makes a right mess, first time i did it i had a white top on, looked like i'd been in a wet t shirt competition afterwards :rolleyes:

unfortunately he also soaked the electrics around there which is where the modem for the wireless broadband lives and we can't connect to the t'interweb at home now and can't work out why :angry:

I get wet ( very ) the kitchen gets wet, my lounge carpet gets spots and I always have to clean carpet area luckily I have a Vax!!! but mostly my cat gets wet, I water my garden with the tank water and my cat being a Bengal is not afraid of water so always thinks its his job to chase the water everywhere, I think he thinks there might be fish in it.
I'm sure you wouldn't have diminished any of his fun. Mine relentlessly chases all the debris (fish poo!) as it zooms along the clear tube. Water changes are very exciting for my cat too!

Ps: still waiting for those pics
grumpy.gif
;)

Ps: yes - I used to get wet up to my armpits too (despite standing on a chair) - but since buying the longest tube that Python does, I don't even need my little ladder anymore and my hands don't even get wet!

Just did a water change in my pink bra and big ass pants and I'm still dry!!!
Was it a pretty site. :lol:

Im off work with a kidney infection, so I haven't been making as much as an effort as usual! I thought everyone wore big pants when they were ill? :lol:

i dont get wet as my tank is tiny, but when i get the floor wet my mother goes mental as the tank is in the front room, have to put loads of towels and rags down and be very carefull as she's usually watching me like a hawk!

i dont get wet as my tank is tiny, but when i get the floor wet my mother goes mental as the tank is in the front room, have to put loads of towels and rags down and be very carefull as she's usually watching me like a hawk!

ha ha bless ya

lesson for you all next tiem you decorate, bathroom quality laminate ;) :D

Most reactions

Back