What Is Your Job?

i was joking about getting rich. not boasting or anything but i'm top in maths and science in my year, so i must have a chance right?
maybe because of these omega 3 capsules. shame they come from fish though. :good:

I was in a sawmill/timber yard for the last 5 years, I enjoyed being outside all day but unfortunately that was the only plus side.
I changed jobs earlier in the year and decided to try being a support worker. The money is poor and the company I work for is poor , I love the work though and wish I had the bottle years ago to do it, at the monent I work with people with Downs Syndrome and severe Autism, as well as people with various learning difficulties, its a challenge and a half but it's very rewarding and keeps you on your toes , its great watching someones communication progress and building up a rapport. I would highly recommend it :good: :good: :good:

I used to sell fish for a living when I was really active on these forums. Somehow, I became a programmer and now work for various web development companies.

So wish I had my camera at work today.... With all the hazards we're being faced with in the mining industry, we are compelled to do detailed "risk Assessments" before any task we take on....

The last thing I would have considered is the dangers of being confronted by a wild monkey in your own office... spent 2 hours this morning to remove 2 of them out of my office....

They tore plans off my walls, spread my whole filing system throughout the office & eventually ran off with my lunch....

I've had a wild boar in the office before and also a goat.... but they were not half as damaging as these monkeys were.

So wish I had my camera at work today.... With all the hazards we're being faced with in the mining industry, we are compelled to do detailed "risk Assessments" before any task we take on....

The last thing I would have considered is the dangers of being confronted by a wild monkey in your own office... spent 2 hours this morning to remove 2 of them out of my office....

They tore plans off my walls, spread my whole filing system throughout the office & eventually ran off with my lunch....

I've had a wild boar in the office before and also a goat.... but they were not half as damaging as these monkeys were.

We had a pheasant fly through a window (it was closed at the time) then had a terrified and bloody bird to try and capture. I have also had a racing pidgeon take a pit stop by my desk. We don't get your sort of wildlife in the wilds of warwickshire :lol:

We had a few new buildings put up on site recently (one of which I am currently sat in with a nice view over the Trough Of Bowland)and had to dig a ditch round the proposed build area with a small fence 1 year before they could break ground. All this was due the posability that there were some newts that may have been living there which would have to be caught and rehoused. They found one. In a year. Which wasn't even alive but looked like it had been half eaten by a cat.

Still, new buildings now up.

I maintain these babies, Im an Avionics technician in the RAF and i'll be flying with it to Afghanistan on Saturday for the first time (Only been working on them a couple of months,worked on fighter jets up until august)

I'm in my third year at uni studying Graphic Design, reasonably hopeful I will be able to get a job I am interested in at the end of it but deep down I know I will end up being a teacher could never work in a school but wouldnt mind doing Colleges or Universities a few years down the line. Hoping to set up a small studio with some friends at the end of this year if the jobs market is still screwed we have a good business plan and a guy that can talk the shoes off a centipede!

Will probably end up as a train driver, post man or angry guy at the post office.

Somehow, I became a programmer and now work for various web development companies.
Yeah I kind of fell into becoming a developer too. Been doing it for 5 years, since I was 19. Used to be a Flash developer but now it's PHP. I am a senior developer, with a small team at the moment.

i was joking about getting rich. not boasting or anything but i'm top in maths and science in my year, so i must have a chance right?
I know it's a cliché but two things I have learned is that job satisfaction is more important than money, and it's not always what you know, it's who you know.

i know someone who is training to be a vet and they arn't great earners!

she's working with a vet who has been qualified 7 years and is only pulling 30k a year.

what do you mean ONLY?

thats a good salary IMO

i'm qualified in what i do but could never earn anything above £15k

We had a pheasant fly through a window (it was closed at the time) then had a terrified and bloody bird to try and capture. I have also had a racing pidgeon take a pit stop by my desk. We don't get your sort of wildlife in the wilds of warwickshire :lol:

i thought pheasants couldnt fly, hense they get ran over alot

i know someone who is training to be a vet and they arn't great earners!

she's working with a vet who has been qualified 7 years and is only pulling 30k a year.

what do you mean ONLY?

thats a good salary IMO

i'm qualified in what i do but could never earn anything above £15k

i thought pheasants couldnt fly, hense they get ran over alot

Oh you must be a townie :lol:

haha :)
pheasants can fly hun but nest and spend most of there time on the ground usually running from danger through the undergrowth when startled they do fly, high as well that is when they shoot them for sport
scot :)

:D
in year 9 at school at the minute , but wan't to be a vet hopefully. then i can get rich and have loads of fish and other animals :good:

Don't get your hopes up too high Pest..... My daughter is a vet, & you'll be surprised how much of your work goes out to be "for charity"....

You must obviously have a love for animals, but it must not be a compassionate love.... you'll go bankrupt in a month.... Select your reasons for the right reason, and not exclusively "to become rich".... It won't materialise.

agreed,i done a first diploma at college which was to lead onto studying veterinary which i messed up by travelling and working abroad, however i did the year at college and worked also twice a week assisting as a veterinary nurse, i was a great time but as i saw they did not make as much money as you think, granted salary is better than some jobs, but as boss man says,"for charity" I wish i had carried on studying but young ways took over and now it's to late with my morgage etc...I would say make sure you know thats what you wan't as the study is very intense :D :X

Most reactions

Back