What Is Your Job?

I'm a Train Driver. I drive passenger trains, class 357. I have been on the railway for 14 years, started as a guard, then shunter, I have now been driving mainline trains for 9 years. Its a good, well paid job but the hours are very anti social :crazy:

Im a qualified dental nurse by day, dog groomer by appointment, horse riding instructor at weekends & I take in abandoned/unwanted animals 24/7.
Im constantly knackered but, Id rather wear out than rust out!!

Ouch!!... & leisure time has to feature somewhere???... This is a recipe for early burnout!...

i work for a video rental chain.i work in the wood shop were we make all the cabinetry and countertops etc. for our stores.we have over 600 stores throughout the usa.

Im a Police Officer but won't comment on the Police not arresting people that has arisen on this thread I don't think the powers that be would be too impressed.

I've been in the job 13 years. did 3 years in uniform before moving to an Intelligence unit job because of an injury. Then moved to Special Branch where I worked as a short while as a Research and Development Officer within their Intel unit, before starting a position as a Technical Surveillance Officer, building cameras into things, capturing surveillance images with manned and unmanned equipment, also taught image handling and trained other Officers in Photography, got to do some great things and work in some cool places. I now work in a Marine and Aviation unit, Policing small airfields and Ports (marinas and commercial Ports) from a national security perspective also involves working as back up crew on Police Marine unit vessels, High speed Rhib and Launch (ex-RNLI Tamar class boat).

I’m an Early Childhood Educator. I work mainly with 3-11 year olds. I have been working for St. Paul’s Lutheran private school for over a year now and I love the children as if they were my own. I was always a single child and constantly pestered my parents for brothers and sisters-never got any-so now that I’m twenty I have over 22 brothers and sisters at any given time! Certainly cures baby-lust as well!

In the next two years or so I will be attending school, hopefully passing the NCBTMB exams and becoming a state licensed massage therapist. Hopefully I can massage people so many times that I not only pay off my debt for schooling, but also start saving up for the over $200k I will need to attend Vet school and get my DVM.

Sometimes it feels that by the time I am done preparing for the life I want, it’ll be over because I wasted all of my time preparing for it! xD

theyre a bit sparkly :blink:

i love simple solitaires me :D
do we get mates rates?? :p

yeah, i do some contemporary pieces too, mostly special orders for weddings and such, but my specialty is in "hawaiian" (style) jewelry. a bunch of high end, more extravagant stuff. i would never buy it mersonally. not my style. but i guess people like it, because i make tons of the stuff. hahah.
if you want to pay for shipping from hawaii, im sure we could work something out. lol.

depends on what you have :rolleyes:

i have also had the go-ahead from my other half that I am now allowed to foster cats!

so, after visiting the cats protection, (as mentioned in my earlier post) I am abale to do what i love most and help that little bit more!!

Im a Police Officer but won't comment on the Police not arresting people that has arisen on this thread I don't think the powers that be would be too impressed.

I've been in the job 13 years. did 3 years in uniform before moving to an Intelligence unit job because of an injury. Then moved to Special Branch where I worked as a short while as a Research and Development Officer within their Intel unit, before starting a position as a Technical Surveillance Officer, building cameras into things, capturing surveillance images with manned and unmanned equipment, also taught image handling and trained other Officers in Photography, got to do some great things and work in some cool places. I now work in a Marine and Aviation unit, Policing small airfields and Ports (marinas and commercial Ports) from a national security perspective also involves working as back up crew on Police Marine unit vessels, High speed Rhib and Launch (ex-RNLI Tamar class boat).

sounds very interesting. I don;t know down south too well is the area you are based an area wherelots of drugs are brought through by boat?

It was me who made the comment the lack of arrests in my area and the very clear lack of charge and weak charging. I;m in a different area to you and trust me somethings beengoingon for at least 6 months. A local CID officer even said in the cafe the other day how they are twiddling their thumbs!!! and trust me whenI say Birkenhead isn;t a rural quiet town!! lol

Im a qualified dental nurse by day, dog groomer by appointment, horse riding instructor at weekends & I take in abandoned/unwanted animals 24/7.
Im constantly knackered but, Id rather wear out than rust out!!

Ouch!!... & leisure time has to feature somewhere???... This is a recipe for early burnout!...

I do admit its draining, but I get so much out of it. The kids I teach are soo chuffed with themselves when they complete the programme & they often come around to help around the yard & kennels!

I graduated from university with a law degree July this year, and am working as a business development manager for a toy wholesaler. We sell those awesome pedal and electric children's cars that are made by Ferrari, Lamborghini etc.

I was VERY lucky to get a job after finishing uni. My partner who also has a law degree has been unable to find work. He has quite literally just been offered some temp Christmas work in a game shop. It is a bit depressing that he spend £20,000 on university, has a law degree and is unable to get a job :(

Im a Civil Engineer

i work for a small company that provides site engineering and topographical survey services.

the pay is good but with the slowdown in construction at the moment we are struggling to find work

Im a student, GCSE year, hope to do 6th form then Uni. Not sure what i want as a career. Open to anything at the mo from Marine Biolodgy to Law to engineering. oh yer, at the mo i have a Paper round :) and im on the waiting list to work saturdays at the sealife center at chessington world of adventures when im 16 :)

James :good:

I am a contract software developer, working on anything anyone will pay me to create, but mainly web based business applications on Microsoft platforms.

i'm a Staff Nurse, working on a busy EAU dept (not at this moment though!)

i got my undergrad in Marine Science/ecology. after school left the world for a year to sail on tall ships as a deckhand on sail-training vessels. USCG certified able-bodied seaman. then i tried to find a marine science job...NOPE! so i worked summers in research for NY State dept of Envoronmental Conservation pulling seines in the tidal marshes along the river...IDing fish/various other critters. taking soil and plant samples..but this was only for two summers. was a teacher for Environmental Education. that was fun but a temporary position as well, all the while still looking out for that marine job which i have my degree for!
now i teach Biology for an area high school adult continuing education course. mostly folks who are going into the nursing field to get the RN and need a "refresher" course. great work indeed...i love it, but only 6 hours a week. in the meantime i am STILL looking out for a lab tech job or the like, but wait tables to make ends meet. not "exactly" what i had in mind 10 years ago.
**to all the would be marine bio/.science folks...it is a very interesting field, and highly demanding when in school but when you graduate, good luck finding related job that you will be interested in. most of my friends who graduated with me have abandoned the field as well because there simply is no funding for the work, and what little jobs there are, it is ridiculously competitive!!! my best advice would be to stay in school and get a PHd for marine science and THEN get a job...but thats just my advice :blush:
cheers

Most reactions

Back