What Book (or Books) Are You Currently Reading?

Fowler My Autobiography - Robbie Fowler

One of my footballing heroes but damn it's hard to read as it's written in scouse :lol: the word MY doesn't exist it's replaced with ME so he talks about "where me mum lived" and "me coach said..." it's driving ME mad ;)

Arfie

100 years of solitude - Gabriel García Márquez

I've been told it's an absolute must for anyone! The guy did win a Nobel Prize for it too!

My speculative fiction discussion group at my local library chose Frank Herbert's Dune for this month. I just started it but I have the feeling it's going to be a slow read.

I've also heard good things about Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Has anyone here read it?

Jodie Picoult - Nineteen Minutes

Oh whats that Like, I always see people in the canteen reading her books. Might have to get some.

Just Finished:

Dean Koontz - Dark Rivers of the Heart.
JK Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. - Not the real one but the by the guy who always writes his own version. 660 Pages and Very Entertaining. Very good plot and Ending. If you would like ti Pm me and i'll email it to you.

Couldn't get into war and peace, i got the feeling that in order to truly appreciate the book you'd need history lessons to grasp the general geographical and social situations of the time. But i have found it makes a subtle and adequate book end....
Just finished 'Poppy shakespeare' another debut novel, excellent read, similar to 'one flew over the cuckoos nest' in thought....

I just finished reading Dean Koontz version of Frankenstein, Book I and II, only to find that there's a Book III that he hasn't even finished writing yet.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :crazy:

I'm reading The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I just finished Frankenstein. Very good books! After that I am going to start Hamlet. :)

Brother Odd by Dean Koontz, just starting it hopefully its gonna be as good as the 2 books about Odd i have already read by the same author :)

edit spelling :)

Most reactions

Back