What Book (or Books) Are You Currently Reading?

LOL yep, the original version. Well done for getting to ch4 I couldn't get past the first bloody page. :blink:

Hell no! even the fact that you've "challenged" me is enough to put me off. I read for a bit of light entertainment, not a challenge :rolleyes:

I was the same with Sillmarrilion :blink: gave up on about page 10, never picked it up since, probably never will.

Arfie

is quite amazing that for the over the last year, harry potter only got mention once! i have 4 books on the go at the moment

pillip pullman - northern light - because the film is coming out
lian hearn - tales of the otori. - the last volume
carlos ruiz zafon - the shadow of the wind
and half of the yellow sun - can't remember the name of the aurthor

I just finished" Building an Empire, Henry and Edsel Ford". Right now im working on: RIpley's Belive it or not 2007 edition. Also, " Fast Food and the SuperSizing of America( adjacent to the movie, " Super Size Me". I highly recommend this book! Also, the Tropical Aquarium, for a Biology Project( they call this a project, i call this stuff i read everyday!. Also, something about health, but i cant remeber!

Aside from reading for school, I am currently reading Denis Johnson's "Tree of Smoke." I am only about fifty pages in (it is 600+ pages all together) and so far so good. I just finished Jon Krakauers "Into Thin Air" which I enjoyed a lot and recommend it to anyone adventure nut that wants a taste of reality.

I am currently burrowing through the terry brooks books and darren shan demon saga books, I read a (220-300) darren shan book in less than a day maybe a little more, such good books, shame they're so short though.
Terry brooks is amazing, long but very interesting books.So far I have read:
Sword of shannara

Elfstones of shannara-His best book

Wishsong of shannara
A great, but long series (each book small text and big pages 500+)

Books, 1-3 of the voyage of jerle shannara.Another great series

and books 1-4 of landover series, which I am not finding as good as the others (which are ment for adults), probably because they are ment for teenagers.
Also I am following on from voyage of jerle shannara series to enough series with a book called jarka ruus.

At the moment I'm reading Bill Bryson's 'Short History of Nearly Everything'.

Easily the best creative non-fiction I've ever read.

I'm currently reading a book called "Shadow Fires". It is quite good so far.

I'm about to start "The Silence of the Lambs" for a health asignment in school. lol

Has anyone read much Jack London, "Call of the Wild" in particular? What is the popular consensus?

I just started reading a fantasy book titled Goblin Hero by Michigan author Jim C. Hines. It's the second novel (of a trilogy) about the adventures of a scrawny nearsighted goblin called Jig. :lol: The third book, Goblin War should come out in March '08.

Check out his homepage. I took the picture he uses for his bio. :snap:

Edit: spelling

Most reactions

Back