What Book (or Books) Are You Currently Reading?

All of the Odd Thomas (Brother Odd) books are great. I read them in reverse order, actually. Still worked for me. :good:

I just finished Black Order by James Rollins

Im re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix so I can see the movie when it comes out lol

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - Tees Off on Golf :lol:

I don't know how many of the Uncle John's books I've read. They're not exactly the most serious books in the world but there actually is a lot of very good information in them.

Lullaby by Chuck Paluhniak
Very grim fantasy, its decent reading but a little predictable having read most of the authors work.
Not for parents to be ie; me.

Just finished
Philip Roths 'Everyman'....
A short read, dealing with one mans descent(?) into old age and death, fluent and well written. Quite moving actually although perhaps one for the more morbid among us, about the futility found in the living of a life already drawing to its inevitable conclusion.
and....
On to
George Batailles 'The story of the eye'
I don't get George, i can never work out if he was simply an effective writer and shock tactician or whether he had anything truly original (beyond his imagery) or inspiring to say.
A trial of a book, i had to put it down a fair few times....
Vulgar yet interesting enough to not ignore.

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson - The story of divers finding a WWII uboat and their hunt to identify it and find out how it came to be there and the deaths along the way. It's apparently going to be made into a film directed and produced by Ridley Scott.

Arfie

Just re-read 'The Psychology of Satan' by NM Howes, misleading title as it's not some satanist book, it's actually a very intelligent look at society and the things that fuel it, I am biast though :p

Just started Frankenstein by Mary Shelly, time to read some old classics :) Next up Dracula and Jekyll and Hyde.

Arfie

i love crime thrillers so currently reading jeffrey deaver, jonathan kellerman and michael connelly books.

Arfie, you up for a challenge?

I will bow down to you, even though you're a Liverpool supporter (and put a pint in the post) if you can get past the first chapter of Herman Melville's classic 'Moby Dick'. (& I don't just mean parrot fashion reading).

My God in heaven....

Andy

Arfie, you up for a challenge?

I will bow down to you, even though you're a Liverpool supporter (and put a pint in the post) if you can get past the first chapter of Herman Melville's classic 'Moby Dick'. (& I don't just mean parrot fashion reading).

My God in heaven....

Andy

Which version? I have gotten to chapter 4( if i remeber right, but definatley past chp 1) in the original version( i almost died, arggg it was terrible)

Most reactions

Back