What are you doing today?

Caught some nice bass on a chatterbait today!
1000004281.jpg
1000004280.jpg
1000004282.jpg

I've never used marbles as a substrate. How well do they work? Just seems to me that the ease of crud sifting though would make the substrate hard to keep clean. :dunno:
it'll only be to breed the green fire tetras- once I get that going (knock on wood) I will not use them for any normal tank. The eggs slip down between the marbles and the adults can't get down there to eat them.

Today I am completely re-scaping my standard 29 gallon that's in my office.

I removed the fish, put them in a 10 gallon with 5 gallons of water from the office tank and 5 gallons of tap water (it was due for a change anyway). I took EVERYTHING out of the office tank- kept some of the plants in either the temporary 10 gallon or the 10 gallon that I have the green fire tetras in (the ones I'm trying to breed).

I was going to keep the sand and sift it and all that, but man I am not that patient. Also, there was a lot of cyanobacteria (sp?) buried in the sand. Out the back door it all went.

I bought some Fluval Stratum, a few small pieces of wood (total ripoff, but what can you do?), a bag of slate chips from Home Depot and a couple of pre-made "dragon arches" that I got at the big box pet store pretty cheap.

I'm thinking I'm going to glue a couple of walls together with the slate chips and some plastic from bags I have for selling fish and make a terraced thingy and keep some sand in the front. I saw a picture of something that looks like what I want.

Also, buying some high light plants for a challenge- I got a really good light and already had CO2. Anyway- got part of it done today, the rest will get done over the next few days.

Today I caulked all areas of the pond house after battling half dozen wasps inside it. There are a persistent critter that can fit through any tiny crevice and we did have a few. Rough cut lumber shrinks and there were some crevices where the wall meets the soffits. I decided it was best to caulk all areas where a vertical surface met a horizontal surface. Mentally but not a physically demanding job. It consumed the whole morning. This time of the year wasps are an issue here. They seem to relish the bamboo as a salad bar, and they brook no interference with their mealtime pursuit. Wasps are the only flying critter the birds seem unable to control in the yard. Need more aggressive birds, I guess.

Spent quite a bit of time doing installs on my re-do of my main system. Pretty much everything I use daily is done now so I'm just going to kick back and watch college football until my Cleveland baseball starts. :)

Oh, still need to install my video editing and conversion software but I'm done for today... probably... ;)

Did a bit more on getting my main computer back to par by installing mt data backup software that allows me to sync the main system's data drive to several other systems.

ALWAYS back up your data such as pictures and docs! An OS and software can always be re-done but pictures and such are gone on a drive failure if you don't have backups.

Most reactions

Back