What are you doing today?

Sitting here with a cup over my eye feeling quite frustrated. The instructions when I left the surgical center were nonexistent. Now I suppose I should have asked but I was under the influence at the conclusion of the procedure and in no position to do so. I understand the cup is for my benefit when I shower as I remember the Dr telling me that in the pre-op consult. However that chore has been accomplished and I want this thing off. I would like to remove the gunk they sprayed into my eyes to overflowing. Cannot because it is under the cup. I type with one eye closed because the cup causes distortion, at least I hope it is what causes distortion. I am a patient man but have no patience for incompetence and think the lack of post-op instructions is just that. I see the Dr for post op follow-up this morning but want this thing off right now.

Rant over and I will call the office at 8 when it opens for advice.

Note: Do not play Scrabble when under the influence of anesthesia. Linda took extreme advantage of me yesterday late afternoon and cleaned my clock. W-L record since Jan 1st is now Carl 129, Linday 127. I feel yesterday afternoon game should not count. She says tough tiddy says the kitty but the milk tastes good! :confused:

Is this cataract surgery?

I was told -
Leave the cup on till the following morning then bathe the eye gently with cooled boiled water.
Use antibiotic eyedrops as directed on the bottle till the course is finished.
Put the cup back on during the night to stop you rubbing the eye while you are asleep. Do this for 1 week (or longer if the eye itches).
When you go outside, wear some form of eye protection (distance glasses if you wear them, sunglasses if you don't). This is to keep dust out of the eye.
Don't lift anything heavier than a mug of coffee for 4 weeks. The incision needs to heal.

I know post operative instructions vary from hospital to hospital in this country; it'll be interesting to see how different countries handle things.

I had to wait a month for my follow up appointment, with instructions to 'call this number' if there were problems. The hospital where I had my surgery houses the regional eye emergency unit and that's where I would have gone if I'd had problems.

I know post operative instructions vary from hospital to hospital in this country; it'll be interesting to see how different countries handle things.

I had to wait a month for my follow up appointment, with instructions to 'call this number' if there were problems. The hospital where I had my surgery houses the regional eye emergency unit and that's where I would have gone if I'd had problems.
Dr removed the cup and said I do not need it. He said all is well and total heal time is 3 to 4 weeks. I have three different drops each with a different application schedule varying from 1 to 3 weeks.

Told I could resume my normal activities but what I told him what they were he changed his mind and said those are not normal activities for one of my age. So I am on restrictions till I see him for follow-u next week. Will see him three times during healing process then again in 6 months.

I am amazed by the improvement in my vision. I will be interested in how my night vision improves as I opted for an upgrade in lense at Linda’s insistense.

I had the simplest type of lens, and even with that I just couldn't believe the difference.
The upgrade is supposed to improve night vision and reduce glare. I initially passed because I do little night driving often taking a Uber when we go out at night. Linda said maybe that was because I had trouble driving at night. She had a valid point.

It drove me crazy not to lift stuff after my sinus surgery. It's 8 days now and I can be reasonable. Well, technically. I'm not good at being reasonable.

My wife, who is a lot like me with patience, had to go a few weeks after each eye for her cataract surgery. It is really hard to not lift things. But when I lifted the coffee pot the day after my sinus was done, it was not a good thing. A coffee pot, a half can of paint and a plant. These were the feats of strength that vanquished this budget version Hercules. Well, the ones that gave me big nosebleeds.

When they say it, they mean it.

I am very bad at instructions that limit my activity. I will however let Linda wait on me till Tuesday. Tuesday and Wednesday it is supposed to approach 100F so that will be limiting at least by late morning.

Linda did water changes today. My brother came over and under my supervision put the newly kiln dried hardwoods for the fish room in their proper racks. Took about 45 minutes but they are now off the trailer and safe from the weather.

Most reactions

Back