What are you doing today?

POV: Little Timmy just added a green terror to his guppy tank
LOL! I had a green terror, jack dempsey, blue and yellow acara and convicts all in a tank with guppies and gold fish and it was quite successful. Of course the guppies and golds were feeder guppies and golds but it all worked... At least it worked well for the cichlids... ;)

Resuming normal for me activities today. My only limitation, other than age, will be the heat this week. Projected triple digits today and tomorrow then slowly dropping into high 80's through the weekend. Morning work only beginning right after breakfast.

How things have changed over the years. My grandmother had cataract surgery and she died in 1989 so it was before that (and I'm pretty sure it was before 1979 as I don't think my husband and I were living locally). She was kept in hospital for 2 nights after the op as routine. I was allowed home 30 minutes afterwards.

How things have changed over the years. My grandmother had cataract surgery and she died in 1989 so it was before that (and I'm pretty sure it was before 1979 as I don't think my husband and I were living locally). She was kept in hospital for 2 nights after the op as routine. I was allowed home 30 minutes afterwards.
Ted’s, same here. If not for my projects requiring a lot of physical stuff I could have resumed activities the afternoon following the procedure.

I think the Cichlids are trying to outsmart me. I have a pair of Enigmatochromis in the first tank as you enter the room. It's a 1.3 metre tank. I have 3 coconut shell caves. One they ignore, and the dither fish hang out by it. One is totally walled in by gravel, but has a hole in the ceiling the female can get into. The third is being worked on constantly. and has an 8 cm earthworks thrown up around it. Inside, it appears to be excavated down to the glass.

The female is in the excavated one, and the male is defending the perimeter on both. In the past, I had Nanochromis transvestitus clear three caves and put eggs in two of them. It seemed an insurance approach. And that species had more eggs in the cave they rarely went to than they had in the one I was sure they'd spawned in. Are these Enigmatochromis, from thousands of km north of the Nanochromis doing the same basic thing?

I don't think they trust me.

So today, I finish painting the way too large back deck before the heat arrives tomorrow. I'll be sneaking a lot of peeks at that tank as the day goes on.

today I get a blood draw. ran out of iron pills finishing ponds and discovered that they contribute to my platelet number is it dropped. yesterday I ran 3 pond service calls, and videoed my old dog to see why he wobbles a bit when he walks. Wobble is not too bad. He's on a lot of supplements that help

Well, the bad news is I am getting sick; Badgerling is sick but maybe getting better; Mrs. Badger is very sick. My poor fish tanks are neglected because I just don't have the energy to do anything with them.

But the good news is my hunting buddy and I both drew desert elk tags! We got to hunt out there three years ago. My friend killed a nice bull; I killed a very tasty cow (despite my foot being in a cast) and we've been itching to get back out there and try with our bows. AND I drew an antelope tag, too. Antelope, in this particular area, are about as close to a sure thing as you can get in hunting. So hopefully I'll have some venison in the freezer again this fall. Maybe this will FINALLY be my year to kill an elk with a bow, and perhaps an antelope too.

Well, the bad news is I am getting sick; Badgerling is sick but maybe getting better; Mrs. Badger is very sick. My poor fish tanks are neglected because I just don't have the energy to do anything with them.

But the good news is my hunting buddy and I both drew desert elk tags! We got to hunt out there three years ago. My friend killed a nice bull; I killed a very tasty cow (despite my foot being in a cast) and we've been itching to get back out there and try with our bows. AND I drew an antelope tag, too. Antelope, in this particular area, are about as close to a sure thing as you can get in hunting. So hopefully I'll have some venison in the freezer again this fall. Maybe this will FINALLY be my year to kill an elk with a bow, and perhaps an antelope too.
Feel better soon. Is there another name for antelope?

I hope you guys get better soon. I had a virus a few weeks ago, probably the latest new and mutated COVID variant, and I was pretty miserable. It's floating around out there, though nothing like in its early virulent form. Now, it's just bad.

So this stuff about unfortunate elk and antelopes. I'll have you know I once, with my bare hands, bagged a canteloupe, and saved myself the hassle of hunting dessert elk. That was using my melon.

Feel better soon. Is there another name for antelope?
Antilocapra americana. Pronghorn. Speed goat. Really cool animals, and really fun to hang out with. I'm looking forward to spending some time up close to them this summer/fall.
I hope you guys get better soon. I had a virus a few weeks ago, probably the latest new and mutated COVID variant, and I was pretty miserable. It's floating around out there, though nothing like in its early virulent form. Now, it's just bad.

So this stuff about unfortunate elk and antelopes. I'll have you know I once, with my bare hands, bagged a canteloupe, and saved myself the hassle of hunting dessert elk. That was using my melon.
Cantaloupe are a lot easier to sneak up on, that's a fact. But if there's a good recipe to turn them into sausage, I haven't found it yet.

My old dog Bandit used to hunt cantaloupe. As soon as one was perfectly ripe it would give off the scent, and he'd steal it off the vine, play ball with it til it popped open, they lay down and have a leisurely picnic. Get well soon Badger

Much luck with the future hunts!

Most reactions

Back