What are you doing today?

I would be worried it would get stolen. Do you have a place to store it?
If you want a bit more speed and distance, maybe consider getting one of these.
IMG_3467.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking at electric trikes on-line and think that I may have found one... Does not have the top speed I'd like at only 16 MPH and a range of 30-45 miles depending on terrain and load but that is actually good enough for me.

The thing is that I'm blind in my right eye so lack right side peripheral vision and true depth perception which has always made me quite uncomfortable driving a car. I'm looking to replace my car with an electric trike. Shoot, the furthest that I go is to the local VA unless I need to go to another facility for some reason and, even then, the VA would provide transportation. I could do a much better price with going two wheels but I would intend to also use the trike in the winter. LOL! three wheels are much better on ice patches than two. ;)

So anyway this is the one I'm looking at. If anyone has any experience with such units I'd appreciate opinions...

<edit>
Oh, the local VA is only 5.46 miles so it would only be like a 25 minute ride.
Might want to look at lectric ebikes

Might want to look at lectric ebikes
Thanks. :) I took a look and the one I looked at is $200.00 more than the one I posted but the same price if I were to get too late for the sale price. I put a link on my desktop to look further. What I looked at on Letric is 2 MPH slower (not a big factor) and has thinner tires. Especially for winter usage I like the idea of 4 inch tires. On the other hand the Letric has a longer range of travel and is fold-able which would make storage much easier.

Thanks for the input. :)

Today, I'm rescuing my garden from a week of post surgery neglect, and trying not to push my luck too much (but as much as I can). Sinus surgery turned out a little more intense than I expected. It's nothing to snort at.
Now though, it's just an artificial head cold, and I can get back to fun things. I'm going to take the dog out back, and bring the laptop. She can run and I'll do some editing work for someone. It's nicer to do these things while sitting under a tree.

Today I hauled 50 pallets and began building about 200 feet of fencing made from them. Got a good start but rain has put an end to the project today. Will begin again in the morning.

The fence will tie into an existing fence and totally enclose the pond area plus connect to the dog yard.
IMG_0183.jpeg

Today I hauled 50 pallets and began building about 200 feet of fencing made from them. Got a good start but rain has put an end to the project today. Will begin again in the morning.

The fence will tie into an existing fence and totally enclose the pond area plus connect to the dog yard.
View attachment 343097
Pallet fencing is very effective and looks surprisingly good if your pallets are all the same height. I once built a wind break for our garden out of pallets. It almost looked like I knew what I was doing.

Pallet fencing is very effective and looks surprisingly good if your pallets are all the same height. I once built a wind break for our garden out of pallets. It almost looked like I knew what I was doing.
It is looking decent. We chose a rustic look and after looking at various fence styles at the big boxes I realized that pallets would be their equal for the rustic look we want. Trying to get as much done as possible by tomorrow afternoon. Thursday surgery will put me out of commission an unknown number of days, (hoping for no more than three). The hardest part is the post hole digger work. lots of rocks on this property. The cement work isn't bad dump a bag and add water. Plan on spraying it a forest green at the end.

Actually I'm getting fed up with a guy in my apartments. He has some old photos that he stored on Yahoo and can't remember his log in and I've been trying to help him The problem is that I closed my computer business in 2009 and am no longer at the beck and call of a client.

I'm totally willing to help him but he does not want help, he just wants me to do. One time, while I was trying to show him some stuff, he actually said that he didn't want to know, just do it for me. I've decided that he has one more chance and if the attitude does not change a lot he is done and on his own.

Am I wrong if I end up cutting him off? I just get tired of people that ask for help yet will not listen to anything or even try to learn what you show...

One time, while I was trying to show him some stuff, he actually said that he didn't want to know, just do it for me.
My school's counselor likes to say that clarity is kindness. If it were me, I think at this point I'd just flat up tell him, "No, I'm not willing to just do it for you. If I do, I charge $30 an hour. (Or whatever the going rate is for that kind of work) If you want free help, I'll help...but that's all."

Good fences make good neighbors. Clear boundaries make healthy relationships.

In spite of all the world could dish out, I have completed another trip around the sun today. Wow, what a great day it was, too, for reasons having absolutely nothing to do with my birthday. Going to bed with a full stomach and a full heart. 💕 :lol:

Most reactions

Back