What are you doing today?

I love the smell of toasted hickory in the morning. It smells like...victory.
bow heat.jpg

In the process of binge watching the remake of 'Night Court'. Not as good as the original but enjoyable. I loved the original but may be biased as I had a major crush on Markie Post, the original public defender.
Agreed, better than many sequels. Hard to beat the originals, Larroquette won so many sequential awards that he had to start refusing them

I'm contemplating my tank and what plants to get rid of. When I went to live plants I ordered a bunch as I have a bit of a 'black thumb' and expected to kill most. I guess that it is good that they all thrived but they have taken over the tank to the point that my cichlids have to navigate a maze to get anywhere in some places.

Per another thread I went about a week without a tank light due to a failure and a few of the plants went yellow and/or brown. Since others of the plant species came through totally fine and green I figure the discolored ones are the first to go even though they would probably come back. Sort of a survival of the fittest type thing. Still I need to get rid of more to give my fish 'swimming room'. I'm thinking that I'll keep mostly java ferns and anubias along with a stem plant that I constantly have to cut back. Sort of funny how the same species of plant can react different. Thinking java fern on that. When the tank light was out one java went brown and it was directly in the light coming from a window next to the tank yet another was mostly in heavy shade and is totally bright and green. That one is a beast of a java at around 15-16 inches tall.

So that is what I'm doing this evening; contemplating how I'm going to weed my 'water garden'.

Probably not a good thing and many would call irresponsible... No insult intended but I sure hope there are no fish in the tank.
Such a problem to have . The only plant I’ve ever had to thin is duckweed . You should be proud .

I didnt know you were a weightlifter. Couldnt help but notice those gigantic 5 lb weights in the photo.
I mostly use them to weigh down things I'm gluing together. The massive biceps are just a nice fringe benefit.

Last edited:
I am still a little sick, so I have not made anything relevant, including during Christmas. My TOEFL score was 78/120 (in case I didn't mention it yet), mediocre and it frustrated me in some way (especially because doing another test is almost the same price). Is possible to enter some Master's programs, but I must inform myself about scholarships and something else. I could lament about this, but these laments I didn't write in my book, so it's not so important.

My brine shrimp culture is not so good, currently. The new dynasty, for some reason, showed some signals of unsatisfying results, such as string-like feces and sluggish swimming, without any evidence of formed couples, although there were adults already. Today I did another water change, but I don't think this will improve to some extent the situation. I should bought a transparent recipient with some bail/handle to carry around.

The culture is involved with my project (I am in a program like a "business incubator" from my undergraduate), so it must have some reasonable output. I created the logo.

1703891162250.png

Attachments

• 1703891168125.png
    1703891168125.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
I'm mostly chilling. Watched a college football bowl game and dug out and installed an old RPG game I haven't played in years, Fable Anniversary Edition. It is almost as much of a classic as Baldur's Gate. LOL! Of course, unless you like RPG games, ypu probably have no idea as to what I'm talking about. For those that do I don't really know which I like more. Baldur's Gate probably has a more entertaining story but I like that the battles in Fable are 'real time', not turn based.

Also got another freebee. We have a table in the apartment lobby where people put stuff they no longer want for anyone to take. I now have a nice cast iron pizza pan. I'll clean it up and re-cure before using but it is a pretty nice pan. The orange in the photo isn't rust. It is light reflection from my flash. Being cast iron the thing weighs a ton. ;) It is a 14 inch pan. I already have a non-stick surface pizza pan but there is just something special about cast iron.
IMG_0432.JPG

Probably not a good thing and many would call irresponsible... No insult intended but I sure hope there are no fish in the tank
Ouch.
It has many fry and shrimp and this tank is doing great!
I am not being irresponsible, I just know that water changes aren't always necessary.

I originally started doing water changes regularly with my first aquarium, and it ran into problems.
Eventually I stopped performing such water changes, and the problems stoped.
After starting my second tank, a 5 gallon I decided not to perform water changes after what had happened to my first tank.
At first it ran into some problems, and in that case it was because of irresponsibility. That being not making sure the water perimeters were suitable for some of its new inhabitants.
However since then it has not ran into any problems whatsoever. To think that simply because a tank does not have its water changed does not mean it is not suitable for fish.

Tried my hand at poetry tonight. Turned out pretty well I think

Most reactions

Back