What are you doing today?

We had a nice, relaxing day today, opening presents, playing with same, taking a nap, watching movies, talking some things over with Mrs. Badger. We went for a drive around 9 pm, looking at Christmas lights, deer, and such. Two feet of snow on the ground, temp hovering right around 0F, and I brought up the fact that, if we just kept driving, we could be in Arizona by sunrise.

We ultimately decided not to. But it was discussed. :lol:

We had a nice, relaxing day today, opening presents, playing with same, taking a nap, watching movies, talking some things over with Mrs. Badger. We went for a drive around 9 pm, looking at Christmas lights, deer, and such. Two feet of snow on the ground, temp hovering right around 0F, and I brought up the fact that, if we just kept driving, we could be in Arizona by sunrise.

We ultimately decided not to. But it was discussed. :lol:
Actually, now and then, I consider doing a trip through Arizona and New Mexico with my camera just to get shots of the totally awesome rock formation. Some just defy logic as to how they can possible be upright.

I have not slept in nearly 78 hours. I feel like I’m going insane. I don’t know what I’m going to do if I can’t sleep another night

Edit to add, 78 hours is no sleep, but I’ve only had 8 or so hours broken up in the last 110 hours.

Last edited:
I have not slept in nearly 78 hours. I feel like I’m going insane. I don’t know what I’m going to do if I can’t sleep another night
I'm so sorry Gius 😞

Have tried melatonin at all? Or will your body have an adverse reaction to it?
It's natural from what I know but I have heard it's really good for sleeping.

I'm so sorry Gius 😞

Have tried melatonin at all? Or will your body have an adverse reaction to it?
It's natural from what I know but I have heard it's really good for sleeping.
Melatonin supplements trigger my ion channelopathy unfortunately as do all sleeping meds

Working.
Had a great Christmas with my son. It's still hard to adjust to having 2 homes now, and he finally came clean with how this bothers him. I feel for him, I went thru the same and nearly 4 decades later I vividly remember asking my parents to get back together. Breaks my heart to know he's going thru the same.

Working.
Had a great Christmas with my son. It's still hard to adjust to having 2 homes now, and he finally came clean with how this bothers him. I feel for him, I went thru the same and nearly 4 decades later I vividly remember asking my parents to get back together. Breaks my heart to know he's going thru the same.
That is good and sad at the same time. I had sort of the opposite situation when my mother FINALLY divorced my father when I was 13. Both myself and my 3 years older sister were like it's about time but my father was emotionally and physically abusive.

I'm contemplating my tank and what plants to get rid of. When I went to live plants I ordered a bunch as I have a bit of a 'black thumb' and expected to kill most. I guess that it is good that they all thrived but they have taken over the tank to the point that my cichlids have to navigate a maze to get anywhere in some places.

Per another thread I went about a week without a tank light due to a failure and a few of the plants went yellow and/or brown. Since others of the plant species came through totally fine and green I figure the discolored ones are the first to go even though they would probably come back. Sort of a survival of the fittest type thing. Still I need to get rid of more to give my fish 'swimming room'. I'm thinking that I'll keep mostly java ferns and anubias along with a stem plant that I constantly have to cut back. Sort of funny how the same species of plant can react different. Thinking java fern on that. When the tank light was out one java went brown and it was directly in the light coming from a window next to the tank yet another was mostly in heavy shade and is totally bright and green. That one is a beast of a java at around 15-16 inches tall.

So that is what I'm doing this evening; contemplating how I'm going to weed my 'water garden'.

Tonight, I am sewing up some rips in my favorite hunting/running/hiking pants and working on a bow. I got my garage shop nice and cleaned up yesterday, and now it's actually a pleasant place to be again, for the first time since last summer. Ah, I do love working in an orderly shop.

I finally got this bow into the shape I want. Now I am heat treating the belly and bending some reflex into it so it will hit harder. It's going to be a good hunter if I don't screw it up. But there is still plenty of opportunity for that. :lol: 🏹

Also trying to figure out why the internet keeps cutting out on my chromebook every few minutes. I have to restart the thing to get it to connect. Most annoying. Bow woods and hand tools never do that. Guess I'll go back out to the shop.

Tonight, I am sewing up some rips in my favorite hunting/running/hiking pants and working on a bow. I got my garage shop nice and cleaned up yesterday, and now it's actually a pleasant place to be again, for the first time since last summer. Ah, I do love working in an orderly shop.

I finally got this bow into the shape I want. Now I am heat treating the belly and bending some reflex into it so it will hit harder. It's going to be a good hunter if I don't screw it up. But there is still plenty of opportunity for that. :lol: 🏹

Also trying to figure out why the internet keeps cutting out on my chromebook every few minutes. I have to restart the thing to get it to connect. Most annoying. Bow woods and hand tools never do that. Guess I'll go back out to the shop.
Unplug your modem and router(if used) to reset. Always the first step in such connection issues.

Most reactions

Back