What are you doing today?

Thank you. That’s a Shubunkin, a goldfish. I love the blue colors. I have two with lots of blue and two with classic koi orange and white markings. They are food pigs which makes them difficult to photograph. They come to the glass and beg. Also, they are very active when not stuffing their face which makes pics difficult.

Getting ready to paint the tank!
20230510_135847.jpg

Being a bit amazed at how much more animals seem to be aware of nature than us. My bird, Terabit, finally seems to be getting over being cage bound and has been out of his cage more than in for a while now. Yet, today he has not been out at all. The only thing I can see it being is that he is aware of the fact that we have severe storms moving in late tonight and he knows it so is staying in a 'safe place'.

Ya, his name is Terabit. I'm a computer junkie and it is a computer term. Put that with his being a terror and his having bit me it just seems to fit. ;)

I LOVE puppies when they belong to other people. 😆

My last concert of the school year is tonight: Our annual fourth and fifth grade songwriting project. I've been doing this with kids for around fifteen years, and it still always amazes me, the delightfully bizarre ideas they come up with. Highlights this year include "Couch," a song about weird things found under the cushions of an old couch; an instrumental piece called "Rolling Down a Hill," and "The Bad Luck Winter Blues," about exactly what it sounds like.

Today I am marveling at the spring runoff and how it affects the mighty Yellowstone River near my little hamlet. The water coming out of the tap is running 55 PPM TDS . Don’t really have to use my R/O unit for a couple weeks. Snowmelt , which is distilled water , is diluting the rivers mineral content dramatically.

I LOVE puppies when they belong to other people. 😆

My last concert of the school year is tonight: Our annual fourth and fifth grade songwriting project. I've been doing this with kids for around fifteen years, and it still always amazes me, the delightfully bizarre ideas they come up with. Highlights this year include "Couch," a song about weird things found under the cushions of an old couch; an instrumental piece called "Rolling Down a Hill," and "The Bad Luck Winter Blues," about exactly what it sounds like.
They’re a handful. This is the new family dog, it will be a lot of work. It’s my “practice” dog for training myself a service dog later this year

Today I am marveling at the spring runoff and how it affects the mighty Yellowstone River near my little hamlet. The water coming out of the tap is running 55 PPM TDS . Don’t really have to use my R/O unit for a couple weeks. Snowmelt , which is distilled water , is diluting the rivers mineral content dramatically.
We were supposed to get severe storms last night but, while we got some rain, most of it missed us. I wanted to get the heavy rains to help flood the creek behind my apartment. That may sound odd but the creek is paer of a nature reserve behind me that has some marsh lands. The creek... large creen or small river, it's kind of in between... flooding helps the marshes. Also it looks rather cool. ;) No chance of the apartment side flooding as the bank is several feet higher than the reserve bank.

The thermostat in my electric smoker broke. I ordered a new one from Smokin Tex and replaced it today. Also assembled an IKEA couch with the wife. Time to feed my fish.

I found a rose breasted gross beak on my back patio. beautiful bird. He looked stunned but not injured. I think he flew into our glass door. I gave him some seeds and water. About an hour later he flew away.

I accidentally bought way to many of my favorite plant. Hornwort. 116, to be exact.
Selling them at cost. They are now available for 40% off on my Etsy.
That comes to only 4.79 per bunch. Shipping included. It's a steal!

Most reactions

Back