What are you doing today?

Sigh, sad and happy. ;) Was planning on country fried steak for dinner tonight with white gravy but forgot to get some taters and corn. Just can't have country fried steak without mashed taters and corn. That is the sad part. The happy part is that it is being replaced with fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken and broccoli. :)

Other than that I'm wondering if I have a mating pair of cichlids. In the past I've had many cichlids but never mating pairs as I'm not really interested in breeding. I looked over at my tank and a lighter colored cichlid was vertical, probably female, and a darker colored one, probably male, was 'pecking' at the belly. I first thought that the one was killing the other but before I could really do anything both were totally horizontal and swimming around together. Now, except for feeding time, I only normally see one of them out in the open normally but not always.

The above behavior has not repeated but one of thyem is usually in or very near one of the openings of my cave system. Does this sound like mating? :dunno:

Went to a wooden boat show and a maritime museum today... It was really nice.

These were my favorite boats there! Absolutely loved them!
20230506_145200.jpg

Then inside the maritime museum:
20230506_150958.jpg
20230506_151203.jpg
20230506_151228.jpg

Tons of things about the Queen Anne's Revenge of course (Black Beard's ship):
20230506_151411.jpg
20230506_151640.jpg
20230506_151715.jpg
20230506_151900.jpg
20230506_152144.jpg

I was so glad they had this part of the museum... There was a lot of people and having this small area was so nice. I didn't want to use my phone in the room so I just took a picture of the sign. It was relaxing to take a break from all the noise and people:
20230506_151621.jpg

Then we continued in the museum and headed out:
20230506_152508.jpg

20230506_152650.jpg

Attachments

• 20230506_151621.jpg
    20230506_151621.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 13
Then we went to go fishing... Didn't catch anything but we saw some really cool things...
20230506_155032.jpg
20230506_181208.jpg
20230506_181217.jpg

I went on the rocks looking for good casting points and also just to see if I could find any other critters... Saw some small fish and LOTS of hermit crabs (not pictured)
20230506_181456.jpg
20230506_181503.jpg

I woke up at 4 this morning to go fishing. I got skunked.

I thought I caught a giant, but as I reeled it in, I realized it wasn't fighting. You can probably guess what I found when I got it in.

Petting my new red Chevy Bolt, EV. I waited nearly a year for it. Should the electricity go out, the car battery could power the fish tanks for days.

Watching my Yankees blow a 6 run lead. :mad:
Got done watching my Cleveland Guardians win a while ago. I don't know they keep finding these rookies. Mostly due to injuries they are using three rookies as starting pitchers. One started Friday for his debut and retired the first seventeen batters he faced. :dunno: Just like last year they lost Frankie Lindor at second base and replaced with a rookie that made the Allstar team his first year.

They need to hire a computer geek like the one in Money Ball.

Indeed, when I lived in the US, I noted this phenomenon. The donuts are not just a thing that happens in movies and series. I even tasted the donuts from Dunkin' and I loved it.

I also took this picture from a Dodge Dakota (date format: dd/mm/yyyy), a pickup truck that doesn't exist in Brazil since 2001:
View attachment 317614
Sounds like Stellantis may reintroduce the Dakota to not leave the market exclusive to Rangers. I got used to not fitting an 8ft sheet in the current popular sizes of fullsized beds but do cringe at not laying a sheet flat betwixt wheelwells. Midsized is so close to fullsized now it almost seems silly.

So what are you up to or what did you do today?
Today, I mowed a client's lawn and replaced a catalytic converter on our family's car(with a bit of my dad's help).
Your turn!

As well as my aquarium I've also got ponds,

Herron_1-1.jpeg

See this bl**dy big heron eyeing up my fish yesterday !!

The smaller pond nearest the camera has shubunkins in there. See the bricks around the side. They're holding a net over the pond but the net is too close to the water. The shubunkins are greedy and when they see movement they come right up to the edge to be fed. Even with the net the heron injured one of the fish. He was so badly injured. I isolated him overnight but this morning I had to whack him over the head. Not a nice way to start your day I can tell you.

Spent quite a while looking online today. Searches for "motion detect flame thrower" didn't give me any answers though. Actually, joking aside, I wouldn't want to hurt the blighter. I'm considering one of those water jet things.

Anybody have experience scaring off herons?

Last edited:
My new dog, a Belgian Malinois, commonly used as police canines and in the military, is up for the job, but you will have to take her to McDonald’s drive thru and allow her to select her own burgers. She’s an experienced Shubunkin guard.

That’s an awesome pond! Your entire landscaping is beautiful.
IMG_1351.jpeg
IMG_9734.jpeg

My new dog, a Belgian Malinois, commonly used as police canines and in the military, is up for the job, but you will have to take her to McDonald’s drive thru and allow her to select her own burgers. She’s an experienced Shubunkin guard.

That’s an awesome pond! Your entire landscaping is beautiful.View attachment 317802View attachment 317803
Great dog. Beautiful fish. What kind of fish is it?

Most reactions

Back