What are you doing today?

Was going to be a pizza night but won't be. I decided that I wanted more of a comfort food night. LOL! Not saying that I don't consider pizza a comfort food but am going with a big thick bone in pork chop with egg noodles and shrooms done in pork gravy. :) I would actually rather have country fried steak with white country gravy but I forgot to get taters and corn when I last shopped and can't have country fried steak without smashed taters with corn mixed in. Ya, I mix corn in my smashed taters. Will do pizza tomorrow. Got a free medium 2 topping coming anyway but will make it a three topping; ham, pineapple and roasted bell peppers. That is normal for me but I'll also get a large veggie; 2 slices of each for a meal and I eat for 4 days. ;)

BTW, if you want good left over pizza don't microwave or bake. Use a large flat skillet on the stove on medium/medium low heat and wet the lid. The heat from the bottom of the pan keeps the crust crisp and the water on the lid adds moisture to prevent the toppings and cheese from drying. I was taught that by a pizza shop owner when I lived in Florida... best pizza crust I've ever had. He would never admit but I think he added honey to the dough... then again he never actually denied. ;)

Other than that just a laid back peaceful day watching some baseball and playing video games. All in all a good day. :)

Been washing quikrete sand and now my back is screaming at me... At least my hand is completely exfoliated now 😂
But DANG that quikrete play sand is SOOO DIRTY!
I only have a bit of sand in the tank but it's so tiring to clean this sand...
When you guys said to: "Wash this sand like crazy", y'all weren't kidding 😵‍💫

I've done a 7 mile walk as prep for my ongoing charity hikes plus the Yorkshire 3 peaks in September and taught myself to knit on double pointed needles in the round. Tomorrow is a fish day.

Ok... So I got ONE WHOLE 50lb bag of sand in... The average depth of sand around the tank is half an inch... I thought I would only need 2 50lb bags, but I may need a third or fourth actually if the measurements are adding up like this... YIKES. I have plants arriving monday... I gotta be working working working here

Today I am Being unnecessarily anxious. The jury for an art festival I applied to (and spent $120 on the application 🥲) is reviewing. The dates for review/notification of acceptance are may 13-17, it’s the 14th now, and my overthinking brain is saying well OBVIOUSLY they declined my application and that’s why I haven’t heard from them, when the jurors have hardly had a full day 😂😂

Woke up at 3 in the morning to go fishing.
Was a good day. Caught 5 largemouth bass on the good old senko.
F8C6F7C2-3F89-43CC-A703-765283737FA9.jpeg

C00E5368-0CAF-4A27-BEF2-EDDE4697066B.jpeg
D99876E9-2008-49B2-9000-35E6101DA0AF.jpeg
9AD89127-3A74-4F60-BB53-5B0DFF6D469C.jpeg

One slipped out of my hand before I could get a pic.

Started reading a new book. “The Wager - A Tale of Shipwreck , Mutiny and Murder” by David Grann. A story which takes place in the year 1742 during the Age of Sail. The author paints vivid descriptions of the hardships and perils endured by the crews of those floating wooden worlds as he calls them. The crews consisted of boys as young as ten and old men of eighty. He tells about the rickety condition of those ships and the harshness of life at sea which could last up to several years at a time. This is a true story which fills in details gleaned from existing records in The British Admiralty.
Now I’m looking at my long neglected model of the HMS Bounty and getting some inspiration.

Addressing envelopes. A LOT of envelopes

Started reading a new book. “The Wager - A Tale of Shipwreck , Mutiny and Murder” by David Grann. A story which takes place in the year 1742 during the Age of Sail. The author paints vivid descriptions of the hardships and perils endured by the crews of those floating wooden worlds as he calls them. The crews consisted of boys as young as ten and old men of eighty. He tells about the rickety condition of those ships and the harshness of life at sea which could last up to several years at a time. This is a true story which fills in details gleaned from existing records in The British Admiralty.
Now I’m looking at my long neglected model of the HMS Bounty and getting some inspiration.
How far along are you on your ship model? Did you buy all the parts to complete the model? As I recall, it's a very expensive time consuming project. Post some pics of what you've completed so far.

@Fishmanic I’ve had all the parts for some time. All the frame ribs are built and now I have to fair them. After that the hull is complete and I can start the planking followed by detail work. This was a very expensive model and I want to do it justice. Maybe might be done by the time I turn seventy.
IMG_0098.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back