Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

Hmm. I wondered whether it might be the gourami that's in there honestly, but it's a little honey gourami, and it spends nearly all its time hiding in the surface plants too. I used to think he was picking off the fry, but if he is, he's doing a terrible job of it, there's billions (slight hyperbole).
is he pure honey or is he the "sunset" or "red" variety? If one of the fancy honeys, it's actually a hybrid between honey and thick lip which can make them much more aggressive... if thats the case, I'd be giving him the side eye too lol

Ok, my turn.... Neon or brightly colored gravel and plants are hideous and should be banned from the Pet Trade!!
Sorry if you have Pink, Orange, or Purple gravel and plants, and I have offended you...
Actually, no, not sorry!! Lol... Gravel and plants should look natural, and not be Techno Colors!!
Phew, I feel so much better getting that off my chest!!! :p :D
Roast me

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_064021395.jpg
    IMG_20200805_064021395.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 277
Sorry, not shouting at you! Shouting at duckweed :D If mystery snails can get rid of it, I need some in my life. But they're banned here. :( My only hope would be if another hobbyist has some that have bred, and can secretly send me some!
You can have all of my duckweed, I don't want it.
Why can't we buy them in UK?

is he pure honey or is he the "sunset" or "red" variety? If one of the fancy honeys, it's actually a hybrid between honey and thick lip which can make them much more aggressive... if thats the case, I'd be giving him the side eye too lol
I have no idea, lol. I didn't choose the fish in there, but he doesn't seem that fancy or that aggressive, quite a natural brownish colour. He had a female dwarf gourami of some kind before that (dunno species, it was silver)that was an unholy terror though, and killed a golden gourami; she had to go back to the store. I got into the hobby buying a tank to try to save that gold gourami when I saw the battle royale going on in there. He returned the female, and came back with the one honey who I never see chase anything. Only gourami in the tank now.

lots of restrictions about the import and sale of certain species that have been labelled as invasive. I don't know everything that has been banned from sale, but Mystery and Apple snails are on the list, so fish stores can't sell them and hobbyists aren't allowed to post ads to sell them either, if they have any the bought before bans came in anyway. We can get rabbit snails though.

I have no idea, lol. I didn't choose the fish in there, but he doesn't seem that fancy or that aggressive, quite a natural brownish colour. He had a female dwarf gourami of some kind before that (dunno species, it was silver)that was an unholy terror though, and killed a golden gourami; she had to go back to the store. I got into the hobby buying a tank to try to save that gold gourami when I saw the battle royale going on in there. He returned the female, and came back with the one honey who I never see chase anything. Only gourami in the tank now.

lots of restrictions about the import and sale of certain species that have been labelled as invasive. I don't know everything that has been banned from sale, but Mystery and Apple snails are on the list, so fish stores can't sell them and hobbyists aren't allowed to post ads to sell them either, if they have any the bought before bans came in anyway. We can get rabbit snails though.
Oh didn't know that , I have zebra snails

We can't buy any of the apple snail species because the EU banned them several years ago. One species (Pomacea insularum, I think it was) was found in a river in Spain. So the EU banned the import of and spreading of all apple snails, whatever the species, within the whole EU, including countries where it's too cold for them to survive outdoors.

We can get every other genus of snails though.

Not much to "Roast"... I'm not a huge fan of fake decorations in a tank, but I can live with the skull... and the plant looks more reddish then anything? If so, that is fairly natural as some live plants can be reddish in color. What I can't stand is Neon Pink gravel, or bright Orange plants, etc... Colors that you just DON'T find in nature. I think tanks should look like a natural habitat. That's my opinion anyway! :D

I agree - and no skulls, dinosaurs or pirate chests or fairy castle either.
Agreed!!! Unless it is a child's tank and the fairy castle is nestled among live plants! LOL :D ... Or if the castle is a LOTR castle like in @Retired Viking 's Tank! I'm a huge fan of LOTR, so I can make an exception in that case. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist! I uploaded a photo of my tank once to show off some guppies, then cringed a bit later when I saw all the water marks on the outside of my glass :blush: Now I always clean the inside and outside of the glass before taking pics, lol.

Most reactions

Back