Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

My ottos are a bit lazy sometimes lol
DSCF1418.JPG

Mine too. Good job they're adorable!

Not much to "Roast"... I'm not a huge fan of fake decorations in a tank, but I can live with the skull... and the plant looks more reddish then anything? If so, that is fairly natural as some live plants can be reddish in color. What I can't stand is Neon Pink gravel, or bright Orange plants, etc... Colors that you just DON'T find in nature. I think tanks should look like a natural habitat. That's my opinion anyway! :D
I agree with that and also with fish I don't really like neon tetra and especially glofish

My opinion is certainly unpopular around here and tends to spark some reactions when mentioned. Not all domestic bettas are unsuited for community tanks and depending on the individual and the tank mates, they can do very well in them. All of mine have been in communities.

My opinion is certainly unpopular around here and tends to spark some reactions when mentioned. Not all domestic bettas are unsuited for community tanks and depending on the individual and the tank mates, they can do very well in them. All of mine have been in communities.
Yes I like a betta tank with some schooling fish swimming around

lets get some people's blood pressure up!

Woohoo! Lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide all around! Bathroom is first door on the right once the HCTZ kicks in.

Discus are overrated.

The breeding of "fancy" goldfish varieties, balloon bellied fish, blood parrots, etc is cruel. Shame on you!

Woohoo! Lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide all around! Bathroom is first door on the right once the HCTZ kicks in.

Discus are overrated.

The breeding of "fancy" goldfish varieties, balloon bellied fish, blood parrots, etc is cruel. Shame on you!
What's wrong with blood parrots?

Discus are overrated.

I agree, Discus are overrated. I also agree that any attempt to make a fish look like what it isn't in the wild, is animal abuse. Especially ballon Mollys, fancy goldfish, and GlowFish.

Have you seen the new "GlowBettas"? Its disgusting to be honest. I feel so sorry for them... :no:

I agree, Discus are overrated. I also agree that any attempt to make a fish look like what it isn't in the wild, is animal abuse. Especially ballon Mollys, fancy goldfish, and GlowFish.

Have you seen the new "GlowBettas"? Its disgusting to be honest. I feel so sorry for them... :no:
Yes I have seen them this is a video about the alternative

Yes I have and I would never buy one. No Glo-Fish ever! People need to realize all those "cute and goofy looking" are actually birth defects. Imagine the likely pain/suffering and poor quality of life they must have. But as far as genetics, I am just fine with selective breeding for things such as colors or patterns provided they do not cause any health issues. I've had experience with doing just this breeding other critters, such as ball pythons. Certain combinations of genetics will produce perfectly healthy and magnificent animals. Others, can cause deformities, neurological disorders or even be lethal when combined. Examples such as the spider and champagne gene causes neurological disorders, homozygous cinnamon and black pastel often produce deformities such as kinking, duckbill and bug eyes and certain combinations such as spider x champagne and homozygous champagne is lethal. This is exactly what is happening with the aforementioned fish. We owe it to these animals to be responsible when selectively breeding and put their wellbeing ahead of profits and personal preferences.

Yes I have seen them this is a video about the alternative

Oh God, it's burning my retinas! :eek:

Edit: @Lomaxf Sorry, I missed your post. Blood parrots are a hybrid between a midas and redhead cichlid. They suffer many health issues and get their unique shape due to the deformities caused by this hybridization.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back