Um Is This The New Permanant Layout ?

Yep, it's running slow and I keep getting "page temporarily unavailable" too.
I'm guessing that's because everything hasn't been finished up yet - Tolak's probably fell asleep on his keyboard if he didn't get that coffee :lol:

I'm afraid I really don't like the new style at all.

I find it somewhat hard to read, due to the smaller text size and some of the colours of the text are very pale.

I liked the old style much better and have always been of the opinion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My monitor resolution is 1440x900.

There are a few skins I'm working with ATM, I'm not happy with the way a couple loaded, some missing elements & such. What's not missing is a couple large cups of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I'm keeping this as the default for now, but might make the blue with a few glitches available.

William also switched servers, that may play in with the load speed.

I LOVE the way pm's form a thread now - great way to follow a conversation.
It is a wee bit confusing to see the outgoing and incoming all in one list, but the way they form a thread :good:

I'm glad you can find them! if i click on a pm link (there is no indication of a pm section on the site), i get sent to the forum home page!

Hope we are not keeping the icons next to the different formus etc - a clown loach and what ever that other fish is (don't tell me I don't want to know)next to the marine section is very annoying :crazy:

However, i'm quite liking the light feel and also the 'bigness' of it - going to go have an explore now :hey:

Seffie x

ps
could we be told next time when the whole site is going down - i'm sure many people wssted a lot of time last night trying to get on

pps nearly forgot to say thanks to Tolak and William - sure it will be great in the end - surely with the several medics we have on here we could have got you intravenus coffe :lol:

Hope we are not keeping the icons next to the different formus etc - a clown loach and what ever that other fish is (don't tell me I don't want to know)next to the marine section is very annoying :crazy:

However, i'm quite liking the light feel and also the 'bigness' of it - going to go have an explore now :hey:

Seffie x

ps
could we be told next time when the whole site is going down - i'm sure many people wssted a lot of time last night trying to get on

pps nearly forgot to say thanks to Tolak and William - sure it will be great in the end - surely with the several medics we have on here we could have got you intravenus coffe :lol:

The other fish is a neon, it may be a cardinal. Depends.
I find the new look quite good and I agree with Seffie, the pictures of the fish should be changed to an appropriate picture.

Sorry, but are you working also on the conversion chart, went to check on the litre size of a tank I'd seen, Oh dear, I liked the old one, apologies if you are working on it.

Are you going to be updating the Homepage too?

I know you are busy but since i joined ages ago i have always though it has looked odd compared to the forum.

Yep, it's running slow and I keep getting "page temporarily unavailable" too.
I'm guessing that's because everything hasn't been finished up yet - Tolak's probably fell asleep on his keyboard if he didn't get that coffee

lol,

Thanks, Aaron

I'm glad you can find them! if i click on a pm link (there is no indication of a pm section on the site), i get sent to the forum home page!

Very top right of the screen you should see your name and a little arrow pointing down.
Click the arrow and then click on "messenger" and there ya go - all your pm's waiting just waiting for you.

*begins to think she's spent way too many hours on way too many forums for way too long*

thanks Justkia. terrible jumble to me. same goes for the rest of the skin, ATM. still, i'll wait for the "finish" before saying anything else.

Personally I am a fan of IPB 2 over 3, haven't even converted my forum over (but it's pretty private, without much traffic, so support and security are not as big of an issue).

I don't think people realize that this is just the default skin, even though it's been said. I'm sure several skin changes will be made to give it that aquatic feel. :)

Glad to see that things have been upgraded and looking forward to what is to come for this forum!

It's just different is all.
If you weren't used to the old style then you'd just see this as "normal".
Because we're used to the old style this looks all strange and funky =)
I bet there were all sorts of things that people liked and disliked about the old style and it'll be the same for the life of the internet that all communication boards will have features that some like, some dislike, some features are more intuitive than others.
Just be brave - click on everything - you can't break it - you're the wrong end of the server to do that - so go on explore =) if you get lost you can always just go back to the home page :good:

This is sorta weird, and cool at the same time. As long as there are new features, and there is, I think this may be a nice look!

Also, I am not to happy about the pinned articles. Before they were separate from the rest of the threads, but now they are connected? :blink: This makes it hard to tell between the two. The only difference is a little "pinned" word next to that thread.

I don't like it, the pinned articles setup that is. It would be great if you could change that, and put a divider of some sort between the pinned articles and the threads.

-FHM

i really do not like the new layout, not only is is harder to navigate than the last one, everything is more jumbled up and there is too much blank space on the topic pages meaning you have to scroll far to much.
The old layout was far superior, i for one did not have any trouble with that one, in fact found it more than easy to navigate, even when i first joined.

Agreed^

I mean, even when I got to edit my sig, its not like even BB code anymore? It is all messed up? Some weird text that I cannot understand? Also, when I want to add something ti my sig, it says "Error, your sig is too big" something like that. So, I deleted some stuff, and it said the same thing again? What the heck is going on here?

Simple and clean is the best way to have things!

We are here to get info on fish, not get a lesson on how to navigate a 'more' complicated Forum setup.

Somethings are best to be untouched. Everything and everyone got along just fine in the old version. I did not see one, maybe a couple, complaints about how our old forum design was not user friendly.

I think this forum setup is more formal, but un-needed.

All I can say is, thank you for having TFF back up and running!

-FHM

Most reactions

Back