The Fashion House Birthday Nano Tank!

Hello
And welcome to the salty side...

I have to buy a temp sensor of some sort too, which ones do people recommend? Digital, classic glass etc?

You could try a ATC300…..
it comes wired with a 2 socket plugbar, one socket for heater control and one socket to act as a simple timer socket (e.g on for 8 hours off for 16 hours).handy for lights ect :good:
all you do is set your desired temperature on the led display and the controller will turn your heater on and off to maintain your aquariums temperature. There is also an audible alarm function built into the unit so when the temperature exceeds or falls below the desired temperature the alarm will sound. :good:

http://www.reefdreams.co.uk/acatalog/ATC-3...WITH-TIMER.html

edit ..... add link

Ok so more purchases today! I though why on earth do I need massive 25ltr water carriers...so off I went today and low and behold found 2 10ltr ones in.......poundland!!!!! :eek: :D Bargain of the day! :yahoo:

Any ideas on refractometer guys? Oh and any help with how to set the eheim up would be great? ????

I have to say, I am with Trod and Seffie, Ebay was where I got at least half my stuff from. Even the water containers, 2 25l for £18 ish delivered.

Always check there first is my motto, anything else, trawl internet aquarium suppliers, then my local LFS.

Eheim Help.

switches on the pipes up, means all valves are open. these can be independantly closed if you want to break the pipes down for what ever reason.

as for getting it going, i used to just have it turned off, then filled it up nearly to the top, then put the lid on. Then i carefully filled the pipes up as much as possible, then just turned it on.
It a bit fiddly getting the water in the pipes, (i think i usually took off the strainer when doing this).

Actually I'd reccomend not bothering with phosphate test kits. Never tried the D+D one, but the salifert one isn't great below say 0.5ppm. For that matter, because of the chemistry involved, very few liquid hobby-level test kits are any good at all for phosphate below 0.5-1ppm. To really see if your phosphates are low or slightly elevated, you need a photometric type phosphate test. I know Hannah sells them here in the states, dunno what's available over there in the UK

Ok so as the 25th is fastly approaching I am furiously planning and buying bits I need.

The boyfriend is getting me some bits and pieces (I am guessing at a refractometer, the ATC300 temp sensor and Blue leds) These are the links I have sent him!

So more questions -
Do I need to get egg crate or would it be safe as only a small ammount of rock involved?

Fish question - I do like clowns but would like something a bit different, so yesteday I was talking to a knowledgable guy in a reef shop about them and he said I could mix them by getting one B&W and one normal colour (He did mention the specific types that could be mixed and would pair but I have forgotten them) Does anyone else have any experience/knowledge about mixing them?

You sure can mix them. It does better if both are tank-bred juveniles, but the color means little to these guys.

Most reactions

Back