Show Off Your Tank!

WP_000297.jpg

WP_000298.jpg

Looks great for only a month old. I'd look to add some wood & a background though, to break it up a bit. Oh. and your pictures will look better if you shut the flash off completely. Let the light of the tank do the work for you. Also make sure all other lights & TV's are turned off so you don't get competing light sources & bad reflections.

Ok, what would you suggest for a background? Would a solid black background be too much? I previously has some cheesy background on my old tank with rocks and branches and it gave it a fake look in my opinion. As for the wood, I'm certainly going to be searching for that. What's the best resource for wood, the LFS? Seems so expensive, its ridiculous.

Looks great for only a month old. I'd look to add some wood & a background though, to break it up a bit. Oh. and your pictures will look better if you shut the flash off completely. Let the light of the tank do the work for you. Also make sure all other lights & TV's are turned off so you don't get competing light sources & bad reflections.

Ok, what would you suggest for a background? Would a solid black background be too much? I previously has some cheesy background on my old tank with rocks and branches and it gave it a fake look in my opinion. As for the wood, I'm certainly going to be searching for that. What's the best resource for wood, the LFS? Seems so expensive, its ridiculous.

I'm glad you asked! :hyper: I just bought a 20 gallon tank & needed a new background so I checked PetSmart & saw a static cling underwater sand background. I prefer it to the look of the solid color black or blue like the one in my signature.

Here's pics of the 20 gallon with the static cling background:

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

that background looks great with your tank! I just quickly looked at some of their cling backgrounds, what do you think of this one?

pPETS-9728208dt.jpg

the side with the rocks appeal to me. I certainly want a clean look, but I dont want to have a phony looking tank either.

After looking some more, I really wish I could have a 3D background! Some that I have seen look really sharp.

Was wondering how you attach these. Assuming it clings on?

I'm glad you asked! :hyper: I just bought a 20 gallon tank & needed a new background so I checked PetSmart & saw a static cling underwater sand background. I prefer it to the look of the solid color black or blue like the one in my signature.

Here's pics of the 20 gallon with the static cling background:

DSCN0496.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

I design & sell Signs for a living so I'm the perfect one to explain it to you. These install much like vinyl lettering except they have no adhesive to gunk up your glass. They are printed on a special material that clings to glass. All you have to do is pre-cut it to size & spray with a very light mist of water. You're supposed to spread it out with a squeegee but any long, smooth, and rigid plastic edge will do. Presto, instant perfectly installed background that's still removable if you want to try something different. It cost about twice as much as a regular tape on type but I think it's worth it.

Love that background with your sand set up!
Ok so here's mine since ive re-decorated it.

Before:

imag0410j.jpg

After:

imag0498k.jpg

I want that wood! Tank looks great

Me? If so, thanks! Picked it up in my LFS. Pretty chuffed with a find. Just wanted a more natural look so did away with all the ornaments (apart from the rock structure at the back) and did away with my fake plants. All natural now

Interesting. May look into that as I'm changing round some of my tanks now. Moving fish, and shutting down my qt temporarily I believe. May get sucked into leaving it up though if I get some new fish when I go to drop my fry at petco today :( it's gonna be sad :cry:
I design & sell Signs for a living so I'm the perfect one to explain it to you. These install much like vinyl lettering except they have no adhesive to gunk up your glass. They are printed on a special material that clings to glass. All you have to do is pre-cut it to size & spray with a very light mist of water. You're supposed to spread it out with a squeegee but any long, smooth, and rigid plastic edge will do. Presto, instant perfectly installed background that's still removable if you want to try something different. It cost about twice as much as a regular tape on type but I think it's worth it.

Ya that driftwood!
Picked it up in my LFS. Pretty chuffed with a find. Just wanted a more natural look so did away with all the ornaments (apart from the rock structure at the back) and did away with my fake plants. All natural now
(got a bit confusing where i edited my post lol)

My LFS doesn't have anything like that, and that's exactly the look I want. I will keep searching

My LFS doesn't have anything like that, and that's exactly the look I want. I will keep searching

Thats a shame, mine has a huge pile of it to sift through, its all idividually priced too, so you can pick up little cheaper ones too. I think there might be some online shops that sell it?

Most reactions

Back