Random Discussion

I love Rush! 2112 is one of my all time favorite albums. Did you hear about Neil Peart passing away from glioblastoma recently?

Props on the hearing protection. Smart man. I wish I had used protection when I was active in bands. My hearing is shot, especially higher frequencies.

If like challenging yourself you should give these a try:

"Black Tongue" by Mastodon (Brann Dailor is a seriously underrated drummer!)
"Ticks and Leaches" by Tool
"The Dance of Eternity" by Dream Theater (try clapping along to that one!)
Yes, that was a true tragedy... he was an amazing drummer. :(

Yes, many drummers don’t wear hearing protection, but I was always taught to, so I do. I have my Bluetooth ear buds on underneath those, so I can listen to music to drum along to, but still protect my hearing. :)

(Just out of curiosity, what brand/model of drum stick do you use?)

Thanks! I will look into those songs. :band:

Happy left handers day to all the other lefties like me lol
I can use both hand equally.

Writing - right (because if you use left hand, you can’t see the things you’re writing)
Holding stuff - primarily use left
using computer mouse - right
Using TV remote - left

what do you call people that can use both hand equally?

I can use both hand equally.

Writing - right (because if you use left hand, you can’t see the things you’re writing)
Holding stuff - primarily use left
using computer mouse - right
Using TV remote - left

what do you call people that can use both hand equally?
Ambidextrous

Ok, so I converted the betta tank into a temporary hospital tank for the beat up female convict. It's on a nice quiet bookshelf out of sight of other fish with walls on three sides and several hiding spots. I added some tannin extract as well.

The betta is in the guppy tank in a mesh box I built for him. Given it's dimensions it is 3.3 gallons. He doesn't seem to care about the move and already hit me up for food.

@PheonixKingZ I don't really play drums other than some basic beats, but I got the girls a couple pairs of Vic Firth 5a.

20200814_114611.jpg
20200814_114630.jpg
20200814_114726.jpg

Lefty here too!! Got a family full of lefty’s
Both of my parents and all of my grandparents are righties, but all my siblings and half of my cousins are all lefties

Both of my parents and all of my grandparents are righties, but all my siblings and half of my cousins are all lefties

my Mumma, my brother, nana and grandad and I think my great grandad was. I wish one of my girls were but I got jibbed with that end

@PheonixKingZ I don't really play drums other than some basic beats, but I got the girls a couple pairs of Vic Firth 5a.
Nice. My go-to stick is the Vic Firth 5B, slightly bigger than the 5A. I have also been trying out the ProMark TX5AW, but not really impressed... I mean, its similar in size, but doesn't quite have the same rebound as a the 5B. ;)

There are sharks that can live 500 years.
Greenland Sharks have the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate animals.

Bonus fact: They don’t even reach sexual maturity until they are roughly 150 years old!

www.thefactsite.com
Jeremy Wade once went on the hunt for those. They look extremely weird... buy hey, they have to have a purpose! :dunno: (Have you seem their teeth? Not even sharp, sort of like sand paper)

Can anyone help me choose the piece for my piano exam, please help me choose 3 of these, all of this are made by Chopin, my favorite romantic composer of all time.

Most reactions

Back