Random Discussion

Actually never tried it, but it smells like rotten compost :rofl:

Who made that kombucha?! :sick:

Get yourself a bottle of this:

Edit: If you're aren't used to raw fermented foods, don't drink the whole bottle at once. Two words: Gastric exorcism. I usually drink about 1/3 at a time. It perks me up better than a pot of coffee and it doesn't give me the jitters.

20200810_093318.jpg

It's scrumdiddilyuptious!

Last edited:
Who made that kombucha?! :sick:

Get yourself a bottle of this:

Edit: If you're aren't used to raw fermented foods, don't drink the whole bottle at once. Two words: Gastric exorcism. I usually drink about 1/3 at a time. It perks me up better than a pot of coffee and it doesn't give me the jitters.

View attachment 112426

It's scrumdiddilyuptious!

I love kombucha! I haven't had any in a while now though.

I am getting the Kershaw Link 1776GRYBW. Decided I needed to pucker up and get an actual good brand of knife.

It was a decision between the Kershaw Blur and the Kershaw Link - the link is better, that’s why I’m getting it. (Although it’s around $20 cheaper!)

I got bored. Easy way to kill 5 minutes. I guess I'm medium tech now. I'm going to test it in one of the 40s until I know for sure how much it puts out. I'd eventually like to use it, or one that will be compatible, with the planted 5 gallon.

20200812_183718.jpg

Ok, I've taken it out. From what I've gathered, given my tank is 40 gallons and my kH is roughly 120ppm and my pH is 7.6, the calculators have recommended roughly 1-2bps, depending on how many plants I have. I'm at the upper end of that after only half an hour of starting my ferment. Hmm... I'll see how things look tomorrow and then do some more research.

Edit: Things seemed to have stabilized a bit and it's bubbling at +/- about 1bps, which is where I wanted to start. I'd rather it be too little than too much. I've made a lot of wine over the years and I've had many ferments that would do exactly what I witnessed. An initial explosion of activity before stabilizing to a steadier pace. I'm going to get a drop checker asap just to be sure. I'm excited to see what kind, if any, difference this makes.

Last edited:
My plants are lazy. Under stocked and over filtered tank that just had a water change two days ago. Nitrates are between 20-30ppm. They've NEVER been that high in this tank. Refilled water barely registers on the API nitrate test. Slackers...

20200813_135216.jpg

Most reactions

Back