Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

Bass is recovering very nicely. :) I think he even has limited vision in that eye which is wonderful.

Neon gobies are still in quarantine, but I expect I'll be doing a catch and release today. They are eating, they are doing great. No reason not to let them into the 36g.

I've yet to split my ricordeas, sooooooooo sorry Saltnoob! I will get on this today. I slept in, all the way until 8am, and I feel pretty darn good! :good:

Caulerpa prolifera grows like a weed, does anybody want some? :hyper:

Glad it's recovering - that was one nasty looking eye!

Well, it seems that it's recurring, ainsy. Just when it gets better, he'll whack it again. Dumb chalk bass. LOL But the recurrence isn't nearly as severe. I'm pretty sure he'll loose the eye eventually though.

FINALLY added the neon goby pair. They've been in quarantine for what, two months?

I still have to prepare ricordea for splitting and mounting... Somebody here has waited long enough for me to split these. :rolleyes:

I'd like to add sailfin blennies, a small group. I've decided that I don't want large showcase fish, rather a community of more smallish species that have more interesting habits. I want when you look at the tank to always see something of interest. There are also a few species of sand sifting Caribbean gobies that are interesting.

Otherwise, tank is in nice shape. Algae is over grown, as always.

Bass is recovering very nicely. :) I think he even has limited vision in that eye which is wonderful.

Neon gobies are still in quarantine, but I expect I'll be doing a catch and release today. They are eating, they are doing great. No reason not to let them into the 36g.

I've yet to split my ricordeas, sooooooooo sorry Saltnoob! I will get on this today. I slept in, all the way until 8am, and I feel pretty darn good! :good:

hehe, no worries. You should send some pics of the ones you will split =)

-Tyler

hehe, no worries. You should send some pics of the ones you will split =)

-Tyler

Will do Tyler. :good: There was also a fabulous mini colony of rics at my lfs. I may grab them for this tank and more palys. I really like this Caribbean paly.

Ok, female neon goby is thriving. I cannot find the male. He was very small though. The tank is large enough that I think I can add another neon goby without issues.

I also want to explore the idea of a blenny or a group of blennies. The saifins come to mind as they are small and keep to the rock work.

Pop eye chalk bass is recovering very well.

Aiptasia problem seems to be calming down. Another LFS got a shipment of Caribbean palys and zoas, so I'll be adding to the list.

L

Added a small group of neon gobies. Usually gobies seem to fight, but these are getting on rather well, and I've not seen that behavior with neon gobies. Tank is doing well. Can't find a rock anemone. Not sure what happened as all other rock anemones are fine. Did notice that Caulerpa, Halimeda, Gracilleria, and seagrasses all had quite a growth boost, so something must have leaked nutrients into the water column. Also noticed that Jawfish has been very busy playing with sand again. *sigh*

Will feed mysis tonight and will pay special attention to feeding the anemones. I will try, I swear, to get an updated picture of the tank...

I've yet to sort through the extra ricordea...

I've yet to split other ricordea in the tank...

I've yet to order more seagrasses...

I did...

1. change the halide bulb; was an old bulb from the person who sold me the fixture, so was due.
2. Manage to break the background, so I need a new one now... :rolleyes:
3. Get a new Caribbean paly. I really like palythoas, by the way. It's one of my favorite corals.

L

Read the whole journal. Again. Time for another FTS me thinks.
photo.gif

We never did see a blue background.

Read the whole journal. Again. Time for another FTS me thinks.
photo.gif

We never did see a blue background.

Thank you. I think it's time for one too, but I'm in the middle of an opera production now. Doing Madama Butterfly. Lots of rehearsals, staging, etc...

The neon gobies were a brilliant addition, GGtank! Love them! Active and very pretty. Oh, and I found my missing anemone. He had moved. Jawfish was digging up sand where he was before and the anemone got mad and did some traveling.

Things are relaxing with the tanks. I've been very busy lately. All still well maintained, but no more corals or fish to buy. Thinking just about maintaining for the long term now.

Hey lljd! Saw a chalk bass today at the lfs i was applying to and reminded me of this thread! Everything looks great! possibly some pictures to come? :b

like the tank and love the rics!

i have an orange rimmed one i need to attach to something, how do i go about that?

Some people use a meshing material, similar to a bridal veil netting (from the fabrics store), wrap it around the plug or pieces of rock and the coral, this keeps the coral from floating away, and eventually it will attach itself =). Use a rubber band under the plug to keep it tight. The coral will recover normally, it takes a couple days to attach.

-Tyler

Most reactions

Back