Nano Tank Ideas

So here's where I'm at for now...

Vertical Driftwood
Palm Sized River Stone
Anubias
Java Moss
Possibly Cabomba (I'll have trimmings from main tank to give a try at no real loss)

Substrate?
Anyone know of a natural sand, with varying granual sizes? Like river sand.

For a natural look, I use play sand, from lowes/home depot. It has a variety of sizes and colors. Tends to look nice.

So here's where I'm at for now...

Vertical Driftwood
Palm Sized River Stone
Anubias
Java Moss
Possibly Cabomba (I'll have trimmings from main tank to give a try at no real loss)

Substrate?
Anyone know of a natural sand, with varying granual sizes? Like river sand.
For stock I'm thinking dwarf pea puffer or celestial pearl danios. How many of the danios would be a sufficient shoal and would this work in a 14.5"L x 10"W x 13.5"H?

For stock I'm thinking dwarf pea puffer or celestial pearl danios. How many of the danios would be a sufficient shoal and would this work in a 14.5"L x 10"W x 13.5"H?
And would one nerite be ok with either of these options?

You're right, it does! I even looked on there before I posted. Apparently I need to work on my cm->in conversions 😔
I have to Google "metrics" every time, you're not alone....

And would one nerite be ok with either of these options?
Reading up on the dwarf puffer, you are supposed to feed them snails. Guess that answers my question about the nerite :D

That said, does anyone have one? Where do you get your snails for feeding? I assume common pond snails would be the way to go. I imagine otherwise it would get rather expensive.

Reading up on the dwarf puffer, you are supposed to feed them snails. Guess that answers my question about the nerite :D

That said, does anyone have one? Where do you get your snails for feeding? I assume common pond snails would be the way to go. I imagine otherwise it would get rather expensive.
Our member @Boundava keeps puffers, maybe she'll pop in with some advice

I have kept dwarf shrimp in a 5G and it's easy and works great. You can keep java ferns, dwarf sag, and frogbit with a normal light in a 5G. I have also kept a betta in a 5G and it seems to work. Some bettas are ok with shrimp and some are not. Depends how aggressive they are.

I have kept dwarf shrimp in a 5G and it's easy and works great. You can keep java ferns, dwarf sag, and frogbit with a normal light in a 5G.

Still not sure if the shrimp will be enough "action" for me. This is going in my office so it needs to draw my attention away from the actual work I should be doing.

I have also kept a betta in a 5G and it seems to work. Some bettas are ok with shrimp and some are not. Depends how aggressive they are.

I should probably be putting this under "unpopular opinions", but I don't care for bettas. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just seems like everyone has one.

Most reactions

Back