Journal

Its a kind of personal thing, think of something that makes you happy or something that inspired you or a feeling it evokes when you look at it or what your aiming for.

As you know my cube is called SHAKKEI which means "borrowing nature's creation and incorporating it into a miniature representation."

Fishkillernomore has a tank called woodland wings, which does exactly what it says on the tin.

:dunno: its up to you, i think its like a painting that needs a name, we are artists so lets name our paintings. :p

Thanks radar

Itching to do another now! :lol: and trying some different plants. Ive already started messing with riccia rocks and stuff as you can see But im running out of space. Heres another pic if your not tired of it by now -

another pic!

Am loving this tank planter, really really nice :) and the red from that lily is stunning.

Keep up the good work

Sam

Well ive had the CHOP :ninja:
just trimmed my plants back HARD!! and my tank looks awful! I hope this pays off! Im kinda banking on the background plants growing back much fuller!

I hope they grow back :crazy:

lookin sad!

trim26.jpg

well it certainly looks a bit thinner on the ground, but it still looks a very impressive tank to me. :good:

Im also impressed with how neatly organised your trimmings are, mine end up in a big heap. I must get organised and get into habit of swapping unwanted plants.

No I like it, it makes more of a feature of the wood and java fern, which I like :)

And dont worry Im sure the others will grow back!

Sam

I didnt replant the cutting simply because there are so many stems i thought light would not penetrate if the y were planted too denseley. difficult to find space ion the substrate for any more stems!! Did I mess up? :blush:

If you really didn't have any space then no you haven't done anything wrong, i only ask because if i had any space around the plant i had trimmed i would cram it in.
I cant see the light being a huge issue but i see where you coming from.
Looks better trimmed though planter :good:

phew! you had me worried for a second! cant wait for it all to grow again I prefer the tank with plants to the surface. In the meantime I think im getting somewhere with the glosso now. Appreciate your input Moody !! having inspired me with your aquacube im just waiting for my diffusor to arrive before i think about plants for my nano project, cant wait!!

No I like it, it makes more of a feature of the wood and java fern, which I like :)

And dont worry Im sure the others will grow back!

Sam

Thanks for your input Sam!! loved reading your journal about your nano! always happy to read your comments.

does anyone know for sure if this is Dwarf Riccia? If so I just got lucky!!!!

riccia014.jpg

Most reactions

Back