Journal

Well I thought it was about time I updated this journal. Im playing the waiting game at the moment while my stem plants recover from a hard trim! there is some new growth now but in the meantime the foreground is really filling out. The pictures not the best im afraid but I wasnt going to tart it up when its not at its best now anyway. The floating Riccia is temporary and will soon got to a new home and the poorly placed stone with the Big riccia on it is just a little project to pass the time, it too will go soon. Ive been messing with my new Nano experiment lateley and have just planted some HC and installed a nice little glass Diffusor that someone in these pages recommended me (cant remember who) but thanks! its great! will pluck up the courage to post a pic or two at some point soon though its hardly origional in design (thanks Moody!).

6.jpg

Looks very good well done the water is nice and clear :)

Looks even better you have got all of the adjustments right tall stuff at the back and smaller at the front

I'm jealous, :lol:

Very nice! Me wanna see pic of cube!!

Even though its good to experiment, in my opinion the rocks looked better not covered.. The Sags and Glosso is coming on very nicely.

Well done!

I'm jealous, :lol:

Very nice! Me wanna see pic of cube!!

Even though its good to experiment, in my opinion the rocks looked better not covered.. The Sags and Glosso is coming on very nicely.

Well done!

I think your right about the rocks but boredom got the better of me im afraid! its just that I struck lucky with the dwarf Riccia and had to have it :) as for the Glosso as you said its doing well now after a couple of attempts.

wow it sure is looking great!!

I love how you have the foreground with the really short stuff (baby tears?) and then you have the sagitarria growing up out of it. Looks really good! :good:

Looks good planter, almost CAU look about it, you will see the hard pruning will pay off, don't let that sag take over the for ground though, it will make the tank seem allot smaller.

Looks nice though very healthy.

Heres the latest pic! its really coming on now, I look back at some earlier pictures and i was pleased with it then but I think it is really maturing nice now. Im pleased anyway :) What do you think?

15.jpg

Coming along nicely :) and the splash of red from the lily is great.

Sam

Very nice, it's come on leaps and bounds since the beginning!

Would be nice to see a pic level with the tank as well.

Russ

Looks proper Bo!!!! 8)

Nice work planter, looks really healthy.
Are you happy with the first attempt at trimming your stem plants, basically did what i suggested work for you?

Looks great.

Looks proper Bo!!!! 8)

Nice work planter, looks really healthy.
Are you happy with the first attempt at trimming your stem plants, basically did what i suggested work for you?

Looks great.

yeah i think so moody though im not sure im seeing the benefits proper yet of the trim as the new height in my stems seems to becoming from new or outer stems (not those that were trimmed!) the trimmed stems are tucked inside and on closer inspection the cuts i made have mostly turned into 2 new shoots both a few centimetres long now. It has happened just as you said it would but im not sure that this is what you are seeing now in my latest pic. I think the next trim will reveal the work put in last time if that makes any sense :S I certainly wont be scared of hacking away again! although It may be after the initial blitz a more gentle approach will help to shape the plants (bunches). All good fun!

Most reactions

Back