I'm done with Aquabid!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

same with me wuv... i havent seen the thread in like 2 days.. im goin back !

shrks1fan said:
Lol, I saw that too about the "nutcase" comment, but apparently that is his favorite word. I was checking the auctions he's done and in one that I saw he refers to the future bidders as "nutcases", so I guess it's a term of endearment, we should be honored, hahahahahaha

Linda
If I hadn't been so angry, I would have been rolling! :rofl: As it was, I was only chuckling. I have many terms of endearment that would chap people's hides if I called them by them and they didn't know me, though - you have to be careful, especially online. (why does that last sentence make me feel like someone's mom? :lol: )

cation.. didnt you say lotsoffish was felicity.. if not i just made myself look like an idiot in that topic on aquabid

That's what I thought, but if you read the whole thread on Aquabid, you can see I was incorrect. You can always go back and edit it out.

weird.. i dont even see my message there.. it wasnt too nice, maybe it was deleted..

lets hope so .. or im gonna look like a moron saying things to lotsoffish like they are felicity :whistle:

I saw it but for some reason it's up above a few posts from the end, took me a minute to figure out what was going on. The posts are getting mixed up or something.

Just a note Nibbles...going over there and saying something like, "TFF rules u", is making everyone here sound like immature adolescense. Please try to keep it mature.

Linda

meh.. i just thought it was funny.. oh well im done posting there

Y'know, it's funny - there's a post in their forum about how they have too many sellers and can't get buyers fast enough....I wonder why? :whistle:

It is true about having too many sellers and not enough buyers...just look at how many auctions end with no winner, at least in the Betta and Guppy sections (the 2 I look at the most). Unless it's truely good quality, it's probably not going to sell no matter how cheaply you start it.

Linda

It's true, Linda. You'd think that would be enough to keep them from alienating many, or even one or two, potential buyers in one fell swoop.

I haven't used AB yet...it's free to put up auctions there, isn't it?

There is something to be said for charging, then maybe they wouldn't be swamped with crap stuff like they are now, people aren't going to spam auction after auction if they have to pay for each one, even a nominal fee like Ebay does.

Linda

I believe it is free for now - the thread says they're considering a "donation" from each auction over a certain amount going to the admin.

nibbles said:
weird.. i dont even see my message there.. it wasnt too nice, maybe it was deleted..

lets hope so .. or im gonna look like a moron saying things to lotsoffish like they are felicity :whistle:
It wasn't deleted - I still see it there. It's not the last one, but it says last reply or something like that if you look at the top index. You can always edit it if you want to.

well well well so this is where all the nutecases hang out? I think you people have misjudged the aquabid community. Take a close look around that site and you will see most people are wise guys and raz each other a little bit. You will also find some of the best sellers and friendly people around. I also invite any of you to the live chat room. It is open 24/7 and usually has stuff going on in it. If the aquabid community fell into a 60 + thread over here out of the blue I am sure a few of you would also have some comments like "what the heck are you guys flaming each other for here" and "who the heck are all you meat heads" so lighten up friends.

wuv u git bettas for sale, y didn't u say so? id be interested :)

ya im glad to that theres gunna b another aution site, i hope the folks who run it know sumthin about fish because letting peeple sale vts in the hm catagory isn't gunna do :no:

Most reactions

Back