FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

after reading this whole post i've come to the decision

you lot are a bunch of nutcases, :rofl:

but also so am i :D

and thats why i love it here :kana:

"normal' people are boring!! :p

hehehehe

Honestly, I think this forum should open up an auction.. We have so many fish keepers and alot of them are breeders, we could become such a great source. :p

Woah, lottsoffish joined. Anywho, I think that one person's mistake should not make up for the majority of the rest. I will continue to use aquabid, however I refuse to be called a nutcase. :p

Great administrator they've got over there...

"Subject: RE: Rude Sellers
Username: Mark - Forum Administrator
Time/Date: Aug 26, 2004 1:03 AM CDT

Quoted from cation ( RE: Rude Sellers )

It's funny - there's a thread on this forum that discusses a problem Aquabid is apparently having -too many sellers, not enough buyers. I can see this is true from the number of auctions that end with no bids. Interesting.

Aug 9th - 44657 registered users
Aug 26th - 45416 registered users
That is 759 new users or about 45 new users per day.

Why does everyone think every auction should have a bid on it? It's not going to happen. Look at eBay.

Maybe there are not bids because of the item up for sell or its price.

So why not just don't bid on the rude sellers auctions. Sounds like you are judging all sellers because of a few. Besides it is a two way street. I see both sides."

Apparently they have enough customers, and don't need me. My response back:

"So, what exactly is the other side, then?

I'm assuming you have posted your statistics in order to prove I'm not needed or wanted here. Fine, message received. I'll be sure to spread the word that quality customer service goes right to the top at Aquabid."

Too bad, too - some of the members over there are pretty funny, and I was thinking of sticking around for a bit and maybe bidding on their auctions only.

LOL, registered users means absolutely nothing to decide if there are enough "buyers". They could all be sellers for pete sake! (I know that's not the case, just making a point).

I guess Mark is being a bit defensive about his company. I just hate it though when online companies throw "registered user" numbers to try and prove a point when it proves nothing. I'm a registered user and I've never bought or sold anything, Lol.

Linda

I've found so far that clubs are the best way to go when you want to buy interesting or hard to find fish. Membership costs are worth it when you consider that often you can get less expensive fish or well-bred fish from people who aren't necessarily in it for the money. Factor in the networking experience, access to tips and published work, plus the possibility that you can get much cheaper or sometimes free fish, and membership is a good deal.

Lots of betta clubs out there - give Google a good search.
B)

noelberg said:
I've found so far that clubs are the best way to go when you want to buy interesting or hard to find fish. Membership costs are worth it when you consider that often you can get less expensive fish or well-bred fish from people who aren't necessarily in it for the money. Factor in the networking experience, access to tips and published work, plus the possibility that you can get much cheaper or sometimes free fish, and membership is a good deal.

B)
Agreed, all of my fish I've bought have come from my local chapter of the IBC through members or through the auction at our monthly meetings. Most come from show quality lines from high level IBC breeders, and rarely do you have to pay more than $20 for a pair or trio and most go for less than $10. But I'm lucky I live in the area of a very good and active chapter. If you're also as luck then I highly suggest it.

Linda

GuppyDude said:
:D lol wat happen to " im not useing aquabid any more " lol :lol:
Okay, GuppyDude, guess I didn't spell it out enough for you. What I meant was. "I'm not planning on giving Aquabid any of my money". :rolleyes: You think I'll just back out of an argument that easily? :lol:

Also, I'm a woman. I reserve the right to change my mind as often as I want to. :whistle:

lotsoffish said:
ya well so much for first impressions I guess. Pleased to meet you. You have a nice site here,. I just wanted to come over and see what all the hoop la was about. We have our share of looney toons also. Peace out

lotsoffish
Heya Pete its good to see you here. For those of you that dont know Lotsofish, he is one the most respected and friendliest sellers on Aquabid. When you see his auctions you'll notice they are usually bid up extremely high, theres a reason for this. He packs his boxes full of extra goodies that will blow your mind and the quality is some of the best Ive seen. I purchased quite a bit from him. I highly recommend using Aquabid if your looking to buy bulk quantities in livestock. Of course as with every other place, there are those that you need to stay away from. Do a little research and you'll quickly realize who they are. Aquabid started as a simple website by one person and has grown into what it is today, and still run by one person. It continues to exist to this day by donations from its users. There is no large profit being made by the owner, Mark. Its here for us the hobbiest/addicts .

noelberg said:

B)
Funny you should mention that - I've been thinking about joining a local IBC chapter ever since I went to the betta show. :whistle: Also, I'm lucky in that there are a handful of lfs stores around here that are truly fab for certain things. For example, within a 20 minute drive from my house is a lfs that rarely has less thatn 20 species of cories, and are happy to special order for you.

Most reactions

Back