George's Journal

I definitley prefer it with the glosso :lol: Especially compared to the previous pics when (now) it looks like there was something missing.

I have to say i thing your tank looked better without the glosso, it just looks to flat and out of place at the front.

poor digweed are you getting something to replace him.:fish:
Patience Simon. What you see here is far from the "end-product". You need to have rain before the rainbow. ;)

Thanks for the input though, it is always good to hear feedback. No more fish, except possibly some more Cardinals and shrimp. I'm leaning towards the "purist" look.

I definitley prefer it with the glosso :lol: Especially compared to the previous pics when (now) it looks like there was something missing.
Thanks mate.

I have to say i thing your tank looked better without the glosso, it just looks to flat and out of place at the front.

GF, you could always have a poll. "To Glosso or not to Glosso, that is the question..."

True, pesky fish, we don't want them messing up our pretty tanks, do we?

:lol:

How do you get your Java fern to look so good? Mine always turns yellow and sprouts bazillions of 1 cm babies so it looks like a lump of yellow java fern... I thought it was supposed to be an easy plant to grow???

The tank looks amazing by the way. Not sure what I think of the glosso, the black open space looked good before, but the glosso looks pretty sweet too... The cardinals are, as always, stunning!!!!

Looks good gf i like it, it gives very good contrast...........now i wonder what you have planned next???? i guess we will have to wait for the next installment......hmmmm

would be best if you could get the glosso to grow to the edge . . . is that possible? The sag out shades it there? Well, if it's too dark for the glosso to move in there you could plant marsilea instead . . .

Looks good gf i like it, it gives very good contrast...........now i wonder what you have planned next???? i guess we will have to wait for the next installment......hmmmm
No major plans mate. I will allow the glosso to become much thicker, around 1.5" so the transition looks smoother between it and the sag, Anubias and wood. I may add some more Anubias.

I was considering another foreground plant between the glosso and sag to provide a more progressive look i.e. hairgrass or E tenellus. I imagine it would be a nightmare from keeping the glosso "contained" though. We'll see.

would be best if you could get the glosso to grow to the edge . . . is that possible? The sag out shades it there? Well, if it's too dark for the glosso to move in there you could plant marsilea instead . . .
Good to hear from you again mate - it's been a while.

I think the glosso will fill out eventually to the edges, I can see new runners being produced (laterally too which is a surprise), even in the shaded parts. I never realised just how easy glosso is, even with my measly 2 WPG T8. I can only assume that my CO2 and fert dosing must be ideal.

What I'm particularly impressed with is my lack of algae, even on my Anubias. I would have never have thought that glosso and Anubias could be grown together side by side so easily. Another testiment to EI.

Here's a better photo. I'm off to Argos today to by an Olympus D-435 5 Megapixel. Half price at only £85! Should be an improvement on my current 2 Megapixel relic!

I should finish my course in around 10 days so I'll be more active on here then.

Maybe elatine triandra would make a good transition? It's pointier-leaved like the sag, but is similar in pattern to glosso. It might look weird to have the look of 1-2-3 layers though? :huh:

BTW-- your SAE looks so fat and lazy. XD

Looking good m8. I tried to separate my background plants from the glosso using hairgrass but the glosso has totally taken it over. Its even taken over the java moss on one of the bog wood stumps.
I can feel the need for a major prune again lol.

Simply excellent as usual gf225. I see the crinium is still going strong and the fern/driftwood has managed to take on a more vibrant appearance. Give it another while and it will take over the entire tank soon. Sorry to hear about Digweed, but I think he'll be alright.

ok.. i guess the correct thing to ask was, Why did Digweed get re-homed :)

Getting lonely? Beating up others? Getting beat up?

Jojo is still loving life in my tank...
He's the star, and he knows it ;)

jojo10_12_05.jpg

B)

Most reactions

Back