George's Journal

I wouldnt add moss to the wood. At the moment it stands out and complements the black substrate and background.

Hey G, how far apart did you plant each little glosso plantlet

2.4 mm (ever the perfectionist ) lol looks good m8,very healthy ,wish my ferns looked that vibrant.

Looks great George.... you know you have our support. I don't think we have a say in the outcome... but if we did, you'd be a shoe-in. Too bad Digweed's not in the picture. He adds the perfect amount of colour.

If this is the competition you are facing.....you will win it :blink: No doubt.

Just a quick update on the Glosso - it is a pain in the butt!

My SAEs keep uptooting it. The actual plantlets are only buried about 1cm into the substrate so I really need them to root soon. I'm re-planting about half every day.

On a positive note, the uprooted plantlets are displaying new root growth already so I'm happy with that. I'll just have to be patient. Problem is I'm away from Monday (17th Oct) so they really need to get more established - my wife won't touch it, I'm currently training my 9 year-old how to dose ferts and test for NO3 and PO4, she can already test for CO2 and she knows about bubble rates. I've increased my lighting to 12 hours straight and increased fert dosing accordingly. Hopefully this will do the trick until Monday.

I'm currently training my 9 year-old how to dose ferts and test for NO3 and PO4, she can already test for CO2 and she knows about bubble rates.

Dude, you're starting your daughter this young, she's gonna grow up to be the next Amano! :thumbs:

I've got a 7 month old too who taking a keen interest already!

lol

You're gonna have some great little aquascapists in your family...

...on the downside they're also going to be severely MTSed!

Most reactions

Back