George's Journal

Just a quick update on the Glosso - it is a pain in the butt!

pain in the butt and back gf!!! when i planted my glosso my back hurted like hell after
:S

Oh my god tell me about it!! I had to do mine over a few days. The first lot I had to do with my fingers! Then I ordered some tweezers. They're a must with glosso.

I'm currently training my 9 year-old how to dose ferts and test for NO3 and PO4, she can already test for CO2 and she knows about bubble rates.

Dude, you're starting your daughter this young, she's gonna grow up to be the next Amano! :thumbs:
I've got a 7 month old too who taking a keen interest already!
If you cant get your wife interested, then get the children involved. You dont want to be outnumbered :lol:

I'm home for the weekend but I'm obviously very busy with family etc.

I've just got time to show you the progress. I'm very happy with the Glosso, it's carpeting well and looks in great health. All credit to my eldest's care and attention.

Sadly Digweed has been re-homed now. For the greater good though, he wasn't happy.

Glosso close-up

Attachments

• tank01.JPG
    tank01.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 70
  • glosso.JPG
    glosso.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 77
Looking good m8, now watch it spread.
Hope they ain't working ya too hard bud.

Glosso looks great against the black substrate, i just bought 2 pots of Tropica glosso and was going to plant them this weekend, but thats amazing growth in 2 weeks, bit scary growth, id say its true about it being invasive, im just fed up with the lilaeopsis brasiliensis microsword after the bba and everything it just grows to slow and is prone to algae, so i guess the glosso will be the opposite probably growing to fast. I also got some Eusteralis stellata, ill just have to see how that one goes it can be a very difficult plant, i will give it a little while and if its not working out i will try something else.

Well you daughter is doing a great job because the tank looks in great shape, the glosso looks great IMO but easily changed back to the sag if you tire of it.

Love it ! It's just gorgeous. It's come on in leaps and bounds compared to your Oct 14th pics.
You obviously have great little helping hands to keep it in such good shape :)

That glosso is looking amazingly healthy, George. *thumbs up smiley*

Gf, how bout I pay for your daughter's plane ticket so she can come over and take care of my tanks when I go home for Christmas break. She's doing an awesome job!

The tank looks great, though I will miss Digweed :-( .

Thanks everyone.

but thats amazing growth in 2 weeks, bit scary growth
You're not wrong mate. My lighting has been only 2 WPG and 5-2-5 for the last week too. Who said Glosso was demanding? ;)

Interesting.........because you have it nice and compact, i believe when it runs out of room to grow on the substrate it grows over itself, basically the stuff just keeps on growing.

Looking good mate. Looking good.

I was in my LFS earlier today buying echinodorus tennellus they were selling at 6 for £5, they didn't even know what it was I got about 3 pots worth, normally a pot of tropica stuff is about £7.99! Anyway I saw some small turk discus's and thought of your discus in your rio 125. I decided against getting them though even though they were ace!

Also thanks for the link of cheap lighting, I got some tubes for my tank from the link you suggested and they look brilliant.

I have to say i think your tank looked better without the glosso, it just looks to flat and out of place at the front.

poor digweed are you getting something to replace him.:fish:

looking good

Most reactions

Back