George's Journal

Thats beautiful. I need to move my anubias back into view. I moved it to an open spot behind one of my bits of bogwood, but I can barely see it, so what's the point in having it if you can't see it? I have also noticed the lack of algae on mine sice I started injecting the ferts as well. I can only hope that mine will flower one day - I've got a lanceolata, so it might look a little different.

As usual mate, keep up the brilliant work.

Takashi Amano would be proud gf. Great shot. I'm happy for you. You should send him the photo, if he likes getting those kind of things from people.

I've just got time to show you my new Glosso (thanks a million RYO) and bogwood.

I've installed an extra 30" 25W Interpet Triplus at the front of the tank to boost my lighting to 3 WPG. Hopefully the Glosso will take well.

I'll post an overall tank shot soon.

Attachments

• gf1.JPG
    gf1.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 85
Looks good GF, it will spread like mad.Lol it will be like that freindship cake ,passing bits of glosso round -
soon we will take over every tank :crazy:

Good job G. I just planted some glosso, but, errr, I didn't plant each individually. Uhh. Hehe. Oops.

Great pics gf! I'm always impressed with the clarity of your shots. What camera do you use?

Looking foward to seeing more.

Thanks everyone.

Jimbooo - The planting only took about an hour. Thankfully I have good quality scissors and tweezers, an absolute necessity where planting small plants is concerned.

RYO - It is hard to quantify just how positive, in every aspect, this forum is!

Discomafia - I have an old, cheap, 2 Mega Pixel camera, an Olympus D-230. I doubt they even make them anymore.

I have found the secret to taking good photos is to have the room in darkness (except the tank lights obviously), figure out the best settings on your camera (white balance, exposure, highest quality mode, no flash etc.) and keep a steady hand (I use the self-timer occasionally), use a makeshift tripod if necessary. I use an ironing board sometimes!

When I eventually have an aquascape worthy of AGA contest submission I will employ a friend of mine's girlfiend who is a professional photographer.

When I eventually have an aquascape worthy of AGA contest submission I will employ a friend of mine's girlfiend who is a professional photographer.

I reckon that will be when the glosso grows :nod: Its 98% there already !!! So get that photographer ready...

I reckon that will be when the glosso grows :nod: Its 98% there already !!! So get that photographer ready...
Thanks Dubby. I think it is nearly ready too. I may get some moss for my wood and adjust its position a little to create an improved balance.

Here's a whole tank shot. As always, feedback welcomed, particularly critisism.

Most reactions

Back